Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Farside’s Place The 2008 Olympic BMX Track

• This topic has 15 voices and 87 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

Brett not every kid will be an Olympic champion. If we can get that kid to the track, that would be a plus in my book.

racerx

track looks like ama supercross track. i love it

BIGANT-DOG

Man oh man i keep trying to turn off the puter but i just can’t!!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

That’s my point, we have to first say to any parent who ever rolls up to a track, that this is about having a good time on a BMX track, on dirt jumps, not about anything else.
    I want kids riding BMX bikes and I also want them to be recognized as doing something legitimate. I think that is something that strikes all of us pretty hard, BMX is looked at as a “childish” thing to do.
    Honest, we all know that.
    We somehow need to step up the game so it is something that is seen as legit so a kid can say, yea I ride BMX and know he has the support of people around him who honestly believe in what that kid is doing and want to see it grow to it’s full potential.
    I sorta wish I had a clue what that full potential thing means tho.

BIGANT-DOG

I hope this is not out of line, but if we wanna advance the sport in new jersey, and beyond, (but let jersey be the starting point) But a poster with 2 of the best riders in the state standing back to back. With a catchy phraze underneath, the point would be how an older rider is still kicking ass and a new generation is taking over. Yes I am talking about phil and farside. Rich is a name from the past that is still here,and phil is the future, and no I am not drunk, have had this idea in my head for a while. Okay you can all make fun of me now. Seeing how that is what i am good for. 🙄

BIGANT-DOG

btw rich you are still short.

bmiddaugh

Good idea, now take it down and shelve it, so it doesnt get out.
    I also have an ad campaign. But I need someone who is willing to step up.

BIGANT-DOG

What do you need?

Thats why Im not racing cause of tracks like that Olympic tracks. Most CA tracks are not far from that. its stupid design and Bill I think you are wrong. I think you are plenty qualified to design an Olympic course. Youd be smart enough to take input from riders, input from TV producers for ratings.

I wont be suprised if they build to appeal to some inflated egos and then when horrific crashes happen it will do nothing to promote BMX or encourage riders to try the sport.

First they took BMX racing out of the X games , even though it had the most insanely hard tracks ever. Then they took out Dirt Jumping, even though it had the most insane jumps ever. Funny how the vert ramp which really hasnt changed much since the 70s is still in and Street courses that even a novice could have fun on.

Man imagine a sport where the new players can play on the same field as Pros. Like Baseball, Basketball, Football or Soccer. Nevermind, those sports wont ever catch on, they just aren’t progressive like BMX race tracks.

Word up US Olympic Cycling you did good, you progressed BMX even more. This is exaclty what BMX needs, harder and harder and harder and harder playing fields.

bigtimber

Dors anybody remember John Piant? And do you get my drift?

bigtimber

You should just put the finishline at the first jump because the race is over!

RaidenHayden

I agree with Rich, not everybody will be an Olympic champ, however, with all the other sports that the Olympics have, they are exactly what a kid will do, or ride in real life. In other words, if freestyle was in, and a kid goes to a skate park, ramps are basically the same. If you watch road bike racing, the bikes and coarses are obviosly not something that any kid couldn’t find something similar to ride on. That WILL not represent what kids will see at a local track.

If somebody put on something like a supercross series, I think the kids would get the idea that that is not the typical track, and then it would be a different animal all together

ridinlow

@4130forlife wrote:

bill hayden has a point.. a VERY strong point

And what point is that, it seems that this is just another desperiate attempt of his to bash the NBL. Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

ridinlow

RaidenHayden
    Track Builder Extraordinaire
    …can’t wait to see your track. Are you the one that helped with the re-design of EHT?

BIGANT-DOG

who the hell are you one of the lurkers, well if you are go back and “report your findings”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.