Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Farside’s Place The 2008 Olympic BMX Track

• This topic has 15 voices and 87 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

The 2008 Beijing China XXIX Olympic Games BMX track.

4130forlife

i say we build that track in jersey.. or at least take some of the ideas of that track

CWCCRIDER

NICE 8) 8)

370M 😯

kevh

OK so you can only pedal in the turns? I don’t understand, what happened to pedalling?

s4lnj

i think that was the original design for eht 😳

bmiddaugh

Track Layout May Be Subject To Change

It it’s follow the leader after the first turn folks this is gonna be a little boring to non BMX people.

RaidenHayden

So let me get this straight, a 35 and over novice, who could never jump any of that stuff, designed it!!! That is bueatiful, just a sign of whats to come.

CrazyCraig

World’s biggest pump track!

All the pedaling will be done down the starting hill.

I don’t think it will be follow the leader – I think you will see some great technical skills on display – but – it would be nice to showcase some horsepower as well, not just out of the gate.

Should still be fun to watch!

4130forlife

bill hayden has a point.. a VERY strong point

RFarside

@s4lnj wrote:

i think that was the original design for eht 😳

Not going to touch that. 😀

BIGANT-DOG

Anybody know how to say PEDAL PEDAL PEDAL in chinese?

RaidenHayden

Ant, maybe you should have stayed novice, you could have designed the track 😯

RaidenHayden

Now I will explain myself, for those that think I have a negative viewpoint. I myself would not, or should not be qualified to build a track for an event such as the Oylimpics. Having someone other than a full on pro, or pros do it may lead, to alot of things. One being alot of last minute tweaking to correct for their riding abilities. If anything like that happens, in the eyes of the Oylmpic comunity, we will look like morons. And for those who think this may be th second coming for the sport, you will have lost your shot to showcase the true talent of the pros

BIGANT-DOG

Even my wife says where do you pedal??? I did not influence her opinion, She just looked at the pic and said that. I hope njbmx does not get any ideas.

bmiddaugh

So Bill, you are saying that a track that will be raced on by top pros, should be designed by top pros?
    Ok, but what do Pros know? 😈
    I have no beef with Ritz either but it’s like guys, do the pros have THE say on track design or no?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.