Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Farside’s Place The 2008 Olympic BMX Track

• This topic has 15 voices and 87 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Hello, hello..is this thing on?

RFarside

Can you please take this to the smoked section before you get banned?

bmiddaugh

Seriously, as long as the consensus of the riders who are gonna hit this thing say, Hell yea, lets do it, it should be all good.
    I would actually be thinking more about how they intend to present this sport to the whole world.
    In the summer of 2008 the general public will get their first taste of BMX racing. We have to be ready for any positive or negative spin to come out of it.
    Freestyle BMX is done, it’s on it’s own, it’s growing, kids want to ride BMX bikes, the thing is, can we make it so they want to RACE BMX bikes again?

I only know 1 generation who can figure out how to do this and they are not the baby boomers.

RaidenHayden

Wong mak jump, dat Wu

RaidenHayden

I’m more worried about the neg, hope it’s positive, but I have seen enogh of the UCI in the other discipline that I worry

RFarside

I think NBC will promote this well. There is 3hrs of TV time just for BMX.

bmiddaugh

CBS

I thought NBC had the Olympics?

RaidenHayden

Ant’s buddy works at CBS

RFarside

CBS??? its NBC Brett.

RFarside

@RaidenHayden wrote:

I’m more worried about the neg, hope it’s positive, but I have seen enogh of the UCI in the other discipline that I worry

Bill did you see the UCI cyclocross worlds this year. WOW

RaidenHayden

No, but then again, a few of us had the discussion, that we jsut don’t get that sport. I mean you carry your bike, WTF

bmiddaugh

ah ok, typo.
    That is what I understand, but my thoughts are, who has a vast enough knowledge of BMX to eek out any history or interesting commentary on BMX racing. I mean I could go off on a tangent here, but that might get my ass kicked.
    Kenan is a good commentator for freestyle but he’s gonna have to brush up on racing, plus, he’s only 1 guy out there.
    BMX racing, where are the people who know BMX.
    For over 30 years this has been promoted by both sanctions as a kids sport, now it will be on international TV, it has to be show as a sport, but all nbl and aba propoganda states the contrary.
    This is gonna sound funny but let me say it,
    we almost need to strategically place ourselves in bars all over the place to have them turn on BMX when it’s going down and start to pump it up.
    This is why I feel BMX is gonna be really weird to see in the Olympics, it’s almost like it sorta doesn’t fit.
    I dunno maybe I still have too much teen rebellion crap in my head.

bmiddaugh

Last edited by bmiddaugh on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Look buddy, you win a lot of races, so leave the backpedalling to me, 😆 .

bmiddaugh

Let’s look at this.
    Kid sees BMX on TV cause of the Olympics.
    Parent says, yea we can try that.
    Kid and parent comes to local track.
    I wanna see if my kid has what it takes to be an Olympic BMX champion.

Where do we go from there?

bmiddaugh

Ya know, and this will sound funny but….
    “well you can get an aba or nbl license, but that doesnt mean anything cause you need to have a uci license. You can race junior men in nbl but a pro in aba, but the big leagues are aa pro in aba or elite in nbl.”
    I mean that is just the beginning of the confusion. It’s a bummer and all created by 30 years of sanctioning lunacy.

Man, sometimes when I look at this and really think about it…..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.