Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Some rules are stupid and need to be broken in order…

• This topic has 14 voices and 114 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Your plan for housing works, BTDT

4130forlife

my team goal isnt to win.. its to have fun.. but i did tell everyone i was taking over the state series.. yep, i did…and myself, and my team have fun..not once do we take any of this bmx seriously.. not one bit,,,if we win, thats awesome cause i never EVER thought i could do something like this.. BIG accomplishment for me fo sho.. and if we lose.. we still win cause all my team guys and girls love riding that stupid bmx, haha, and we have FUN

CrazyCooter

build a house in NJ that is worth way more than the mortgage you have.
    sell it.
    use profit to buy same size house in more tax payer friendly state.

oh….
    and you have to plan this about 10-15 years in advance.

Does no one use crystal balls anymore?

Or just burn your house down, rebuild, and sell it for more that it was worth in the first place. I’ve got the first part down,….. just trying to figure the rest of that plan out!!! 😳

bmiddaugh

Zoinks!
    Squared!

CrazyCraig

@bmxmom156 wrote:

like how to make it dissappear??

😆

thats the only majic i want to hear about…

Believe it or not, in some scenarios, that is what I work with people on doing. And in some cases you can plan college and retirement better without making your mortgage dissappear.

I just emailed you an article at your AOL address.

C-ya!

bmxmom156

linda v response on the njbmx forum..explaining combining/points and classes…

very interesting/ informative

dave, let me try to explain what i mean about messing up points. most people don’t care if you were to move up into that class, and i understand your frustration. after doing points and clerking for 20plus years believe me i’ve seen it all.
    example: you are 29 and the clerk ALLOWS you to ride in the 30-34 class. lets say you you take all seconds and there are 5 riders in the moto. the riders that you beat could protest your finishes because you were not legally combined. but to take it one step further, if this was a local race and not a state qualifier, riders who weren’t even there but are part of that class could also protest because it could affect their state standings.
    i don’t really think that anyone in your age class would care, but i have seen it happen at the younger level. some of these parents keep track of everyone their little johnny races and all of their points.
    i hope maybe you can see that janeen isn’t trying to be difficult with this,
    she is only doing her job as clerk by following the rules and keeping things consistant across the board.
    before all of the points were intertwined with all of the programs, we could pretty much set up our class structure the way we wanted to within the state. maybe we could look further into this and try to get this changed for this year. i would be happy to present this to the NBL competition committee as long as we can get it done before they meet
    in sept.
    linda vanderhoff

BIGANT-DOG

bmiddaugh

WE should present it to the nbl.
    Since WE are the ones who want the change and have the ideas.
    No offense but the nbl has to learn to
    as I keep saying.
    RESPECT THE RIDERS WHICH ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS.
    Habla?
    Any word on let’s kiss our own butts…I mean competition congress being in NJ this year?

bmiddaugh

Let me ask this again in a different way.
    When are all you older racer guys gonna realize it’s time to stop asking people to do things for you, or ask them to change things and just go ahead and tell them what to do yourselves.

Isn’t it time for the classic animal house bullshit cough at CC?

Yea let’s change the state championship date to later in the year.
    …well why didn’t you guys think of that?

yea let’s change this age rule thing.
    ….well why didn’t you guys think of that?

we can’t accept grants.
    …oh we can?

the older guys just quit they aren’t gonna wanna run and race in an open class.
    …. ….

We hold all the keys, we have all the answers. This becomes more painfully obvious every single race.

BIGANT-DOG

Hey bob and dave are my freinds after all 😈

bmiddaugh

hehe… 😈
    Hey Ant-Dog did they ever send you that software
    THAT THEY PROMISED?

s4lnj

lets say you you take all seconds and there are 5 riders in the moto. the riders that you beat could protest your finishes because you were not legally combined. but to take it one step further, if this was a local race and not a state qualifier, riders who weren’t even there but are part of that class could also protest because it could affect their state standings.

the rule could be simple– whatever age you will be at the time of the championship, is the class you will be in all season

it’s fine, august 26 i will enetr the 30-34x class with a butt load of free 1st place finishes —

BIGANT-DOG

Hell no. BUt I will be calling tuesday.

bmxmom156

i agree with you…in nationals especially…we have a 16x class for example where a rider races 16 all yr and then right before the grands someone moves up in age to the infamous 17-24x… meanwhile they raced the 16 yr olds all yr and got many perfects or close to that so they are up in just say top 5 points… meanwhile ( here is the whine…sorry) you have someone who has to race this class and fight for every main finish they get.. barely making top 20…now how fair is that??

also we have novice classes who are staying nov till the very end …being the new point rule of mains counting more( only 10 pts diff betw nov and experts now) and going from top nov in points ..when they turn x right before the grands they can just “jump in” to the top 10 spots without ever having to race that class..thats really not fair( not that they will even make it out of motos at the grands but just an example)

so the points thing is a little flawed… if they made it a little bigger difference betw nov/ expert points…( nationally) and make riders race the people who they will race at the grands… all year and make it even playing field…

this is a parents perspective / points wise not competition wise…

when we were at woodbridge i heard a parent complain about the nov jumping into the top 10 i didnt think it was possible but then i looked at standings and yup… it is.

the age thing is easy i think if you race your age at the grands that would make it easy( owuld have to be grands not regional since 2 regionals are counted towards nat points)

end of rant…..

gmac

it doesn’t matter what you do or how you do it, you will never make everyone happy. fact of life both in and out of bmx.
    just for the record, i and everyone that i know are pleased that the riders are again taking an interest. as i have said before, there are many great ideas out there, but it takes time and effort to implement them,and it takes people step up and start doing instead of just making a to do list.

16 & over open started at EHT as the Royal Rumble when Doug Luden got Andy and Mike Cannon to donate a bunch of bike parts to give to the winners. It was run once a month after our local race. We would pull semis. We had 8 rider gates then. We then started the money open at the
    state qualifiers and the hole shot was added. (you had to race both class and open no option).
    many of your ideas are not new, and many have been done in the past, but as the powers that be change, things have been dropped, changed and forgotten. to succeed you need to step up, NOT step on and you will
    see the sport grow. and i look forward to seeing you guys working the races(get to the track at least 2 hours before registration starts, sweep and water the track, help in registration, corners, staging handing out trophies, helping the new riders, doing the paper work, make sure you get the finishes and standings up before you get home.
    of course you also have to answer and return phone calls that always come in at all hours, answer emails . work 40 hours a week take care of family. that is what keeps this sport going. volunteers, to make it growi we need more volunteers . that is YOU . if you have an idea go for it, you are the future of bmx. it used to be rare to have 3 generations at bmx tracks, but now it is common but if you guys in your 20’s and 30’s don’t step up the sport is going to die or we will have to get ATWs( all terrain wheelchairs) for the volunteers. contrary to what many of you think, we are there because we love this sport, and have put everything we had into it to keep it going
    ok i have had my rant for the day too

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.