Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Some rules are stupid and need to be broken in order…

• This topic has 14 voices and 114 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

to make positive change.
    I’m sick of seeing people voice opinions on things that do not affect them.
    The answer to every rule problem is right in front of you.

ASK THE PERSON RIDING THE FRIGGING BMX BIKE.

s4lnj

ummm…. agreed.

did i miss something?

bmiddaugh

something from another site….
    strangely enough you are on the thread there.
    Was a question you were asking.

s4lnj

oh– see the problem is– while at work i don’t surf enough– realy just this site and my e-mail.

dave

BIGANT-DOG

I chimed in on that. But you know where that will go.

CrazyCraig

uh, link to that thread, please? 🙄

bmiddaugh
    bmiddaugh

If I wasn’t “banned” from that site, I would have a few valid points to make.
    But.

Macdaddy

this is me shaking my head in disgust, again.

BIGANT-DOG

Hey i am not banned, Yet. Send me EXACTLY what you want to say. and i can post it for you. But i will say this a message from brett.

Macdaddy

I’m going to inject a little logic here so beware. 3 riders sign up to race class. 2 o0f the 3 are there just to race the open so they dont even touch the gate. The 3rd rider is screwed. Have I gotten the story so far?

The first response to this is to see if the screwed rider can combine into a different class, correct? Obviously, that wont work.

OK – here comes the logic……

MAKE THYE OTHER 2 RIDERS COMPETE. Notice I did not say touch the gate or pump race or any other crappy way of getting around the rules. If someone is entered in a moto and purposely loses, that is sandbagging. Enforce the rules. Do not make a guy attemt to change motos, that does not solve the problem.

Remember, there were other riders that had to race class too. Jeremy Knapper had to RACE cruiser, Rich Farside had to race too. Why is this tolerated? It isn’t even one of the golden riders of NJ that did this.

Logical solution: Anyone determined to be sandbagging in their class is disqualified from both class and the open.

see, now that didn’t hurt, did it?

BIGANT-DOG

I understand how the rules work, but it is clearly unfair to the am’s who have to race class, while the pro’s are well rested.That is my only real issue. I feel the am’s should have the same chance as the pro’s in this case. BTW one of my riders can’t wait to turn 16. —

Macdaddy

O.K. let’s try it again. Jeremy Knapper raced class in all 3 state qualifiers, raced open in all 3 races also. Last time I checked he was in the money all three races. What fair?Plus WHAT DOES THIS ARGUMENT have to do with what happened? maybe I missed something.

BIGANT-DOG

Yes jeremy did it, but maybe not all the other am’s can. BUt there is not a whole lot that can be done about it so we have to play by the rules. For now. —

CrazyCraig

Jeremy did back off in moto #2 & #3 in cruiser on Sunday. He rolled the track after the 1st turn.

I understand Dave’s intent, and support it fully, but it does set a weird precedent. If he is allowed to move out of his moto, where technically he had 3 riders, then others may ask to jump around.

The issue lies in the two that did not show up. Every moto that they do not touch the gate for class is an auto dq for the pro-am. Even if they did touch the gate, Dave still might have gotten a free pass.

There may not be an easy solution to this. Maybe the solution is to not demand that you must race class in order to race the open. It won’t hurt the moto count that much, at least not right now. It just might hurt the rolling ATM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.