Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Some rules are stupid and need to be broken in order…

• This topic has 14 voices and 114 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

@Macdaddy wrote:

Sorry for that, it must have been something I ate. I didn’t even ask Brett which rule is stupid. Is it that they won’t combine motos, or that ams need to race class to race open. By the way craig, we had Jeremy in his class on the moto sheet on Sat and he went 1-1-1 he also went 1-1-1 on sun in class. If these 2 riders did the same thing and went 1-1-1 and 2-2-2 there wouldn’t be a problem. there really isn’t a comparason there. sorry

Mac – I stand corrected. I saw him ride his cruiser in the ProAm and he was in cruiser with Chris Whiley, so that’s when I paid attention. I was not aware he ALSO rode class that day. Wow. Good for him. Still, I was not bagging on him, just stating what I saw.

I am very much in agreement with you, believe it or not. As per my original post, I said “there is probably no easy solution to this”.

If we try to fix one part, we hurt another, and vice versa. If we want to guarantee that Dave (s4lnj) gets combined to a class where he gets to race for his finishes, then the only solution is to take away the “must race class” rule for ProAms. These two guys are experts, so its not like they are rolling so they don’t get move up points. If they choose to roll out of the gate, you can’t stop them, and you can’t dq them. That was there choice. If they are really there to race the money class, which is where Brett is right, its mostly for the competition. I was going to race the money class last weekend until I realized how much rust I had on me. But, lets be honest, I am not in Farside’s league yet, so my chances of making the main were slim. And I am not racing for the money, I am racing faster riders to get faster.

That’s my 3 cents on the subject.

bmiddaugh

Let me see if I can straighten this up so people understand where I am coming from on a lot of the stuff I say.
    I’m hoping you all realize that if I really believed that I don’t think you should have an opinion I would just delete stuff that is posted I don’t like. That would go against everything I believe in and would make this a creativity free zone which is definately NOT what BMX racing needs right now.
    So yes, my comedic friends you are all entitled to your opinions.
    My opinion though is that I value riders opinions above non-riders opinions on racing matters.

Now let me see if I can make another part of this whole “movement” thing here more clear.
    I’m not a parent, you all know that. So I don’t see a lot of things from the same viewpoint as most people here would. I’m a guy who loves BMX, just like every other person here, I would hope.
    But.
    I also have a vision, and I would hope that as parents you would relate to this.
    I see a future for BMX racing where the racers aren’t just racers, but they have control on the direction of their sport. Where they no longer have to say, well that’s the rules we have to deal with it. Where they, the racers can say, this rule isn’t working, we need to figure a way to fix it.
    I see a future where people like Debbie’s son, or Mac’s son, or the Dulock kids don’t just drop out when they get older and move on from the sport because they no longer have fun doing it. But where, because THEY have a say in it, they feel as though they have a stake in it
    I think I can speak for a lot of the older guys, I may be wrong, but I feel a lot of regret that I did not stick around to help out with racing (I did stick around and help freestyle when it was down on it’s balls), I see the same cycle could occur again where older riders drop out and the sport is continously run by people other than those who do it.
    Isn’t that what you all want for your kids?
    To leave them a legacy, something they can call their own?
    I’m not gonna stop until we have state meetings and the riders outnumber the people who don’t rideâ™  by a 2 to 1 margin.
    And it’s not because I hate people but it’s because I want to see a future for BMX that includes heavy rider involvement, so we do not repeat the mistake of the past.
    Can’t you all just go home tonight and ask your kids what are 10 things you’d like to see that would make BMX racing more fun for you and your buds?
    Dave is right. Maybe some people just are not ready to say, this rule or that needs to be changed, or maybe the nbl needs to wake up. But a lot of us are. And there are more every day.
    I am going to leave us all with some words directly from our state commissioner, words I have heard him say time and again.
    “I don’t see why that can’t be done”
    This man does not ride but I value his opinion immensely. He stays calm under pressure, has a can do attitude and fully and completely, along with his wife understand what this is all about.
    Maybe it’s because they too walk the line between freestyle and racing, I dunno, but those 8 words above are the most important ones out there and are what will save BMX racing from smaller and smaller motos.
    So who is with those of us who believe it can be done?

tpbmxtd

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Mac – I stand corrected. I saw him ride his cruiser in the ProAm and he was in cruiser with Chris Whiley, so that’s when I paid attention. I was not aware he ALSO rode class that day. Wow. Good for him. Still, I was not bagging on him, just stating what I saw.

Ok, I am going to start here with this part first. Jeremy only races cruiser, he doesn’t race 20″, but cruiser is still considered a class (not being mean, just trying to explain). With having semi’s in the Open on Sunday, he asked if me if he needed to go hard every round in class and I told him he could just coast around if he wanted.

That leads into my next point. I did not realize that the class that Dave raced in was going to have two guys not show up at the gate or I would have seen what we could have done to help him. In no way should Dave feel bad for bringing this up, it stinks when you ride around a track alone. When someone signs up to race the open they must sign up for class (am’s), so if they decide to not show up for class what can you really do. Even if they had to go up to the gate, they would have just coasted around the track and probally wouldn’t have raced or just pull off the gate. So your back to having one rider going hard and two riders just coasting. At the next qualifier in Flemington we will have to have a meeting for the guys in the Open and let them know that they need to atleast get up on the gate. We cant force them to race the class hard, that is there decision.

When the Pro/Am was being put together it was to help keep the older riders involved in the sport and in the State series. It was also made into a series to have the riders race more than just one race here and one race there, if they want to earn some of the year end purse then they needed to stay involved in the series. The racing so far in the 3 races has been great and it gives the younger riders a chance to see some great racing and to allow them to see what training and practicing can do for them when they get older. There are certain things that we will be looking to change for next year and will get the riders together at the end of the year and get there ideas. But if you look at the riders who have been doing the opens, how many would be racing the State series if it wasn’t for the open? Look at some of the riders who could be qualified for NJ in December.

There are certain rules that we have to abide by, but maybe at the next state meeting we can find a way to tweak them a little. But for now we have to follow the rules that are in place. Everyone needs to stop blaming people and try and figure out a way to make it better.

Just my 2 cents

bmiddaugh

state meeting…
    crikey, let me get my flak gear back together again.
    😆

Glenn is absolutely right, all it would take is discussing this with all the riders involved.
    I would emphasize discussing, not telling them this is how it’s gonna be.

Craig, I have a question for you.
    When you were corrected were you actually standing or were you in fact…
    SITTING at your computer?
    Don’t worm your way out of this one bud… —

Man, this place is fun.

s4lnj

short on time– here it is— if they don’t want to race– they don’t have to– they are considered ghost riders if they dont hit the gate– if i want to be sure to have a class, i will have to train harder and run the open–

don’t let my bitching ruin something good– right now we need the open far more than we need me to have a class—

dave

bmiddaugh

We need all the riders and especially guys like you who ask questions and speak up.

Let’s git r dun.

CrazyCraig

Okay – I have a new question for Mac Daddy:

According to Glenn, Jeremy ONLY races cruiser. You say he was on your sheet and 1-1-1 on Sunday. How can you say that when he coasted the 2nd and 3rd motos. I was informed Team Sheets are scored by how they cross the line, not by how they finish “in class”.

If you put him down for 1-1-1 on Sunday, and they allowed that, I need to have my sheets recalculated, since that would mean Eric Matos might be 1-1-1 instead of 2-2-1 if it was the 7 expert that beat him the first two motos (I’m not sure)

I know I have now gone off topic, but we have now possibly discovered another rules error. And, I am not blaming MacDaddy because the written rules do not clearly state which is the right way to score the sheets. But like I said, I was told its “as they cross the line”.

But, Mac – if you did score Jeremy 1-1-1 in cruiser for Sunday and that is the right way, then we tied, and would lose on the “expert” tie breaker, but we might at least get 10 extra points.

If I am right, and its by how they cross, and Jeremey was on your winning sheet, then we won Sunday. I have to check with the state now and have them look into it.

Not trying to start trouble, but we all have to play by the same rules.

bmiddaugh

wow, you guys have a lot on your plate with that team stuff.
    i’m sticking to politics it’s easier, lol.

BIGANT-DOG

I have it easy, hell i can’t even get a full sheet. But hey we have fun regardless. Btw (and this goes out to all the teams)

Remember we are doing this (teams) to have fun, Yes we want to win, but when we stop having fun, is any of it worth it?

CrazyCraig

Anthony – the number one rule on our team is fun. But keep in mind, it is a competition. I am glad we have had 10+ teams enter sheets so far, and hope they continue to do so. Still, the top teams want to win. Did I expect to be a top team? Honestly, I was not thinking about it. But we have placed well to date, so now we are in it to win it! 😀

Still, to keep it fun, you have to make sure we are all on the same page and scoring our sheets the same way.

CrazyCraig

Okay, two things. First, MacDaddy, you did not specifically say whether or not Jeremy was on your Sunday team sheet. Was he?

If he was not, then I apologize for jumping the gun. But, the fact you stated he went 1-1-1 but actually rolled the 2nd and 3rd motos (which I am not baggin on him about), you gave me the impression he was on your team sheet.

That said, here is the official statement from our state clerk as it appears on NJBMX.org:

Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:34 pm

They are scored as they cross the line for team sheets.

bmxmom156

holy crap… i knew craig was a numbers guy but geesh…. thank god you are in the mtg business….

i think mac daddy made a mistake jeremy was on the sheet in open not in cruiser. we used him there instead of cruiser as we already had a cruiser and a girl( rule says only 2 cruisers, 1 girl and 1 cruisers, not 1 girl and 2 cruisers)

my other comment is nancy has been doing team sheets for a bizzillion years and i dont think she would let anything slide.. she is straight arrow on stuff like that… she took over from linda luden…i remember years ago i put in a sheet with the wrong number of cruisers/ girls and i was ticked off they took my money and didnt tell me our team was d/q’d till after i turned in my sheet after the motos… so then i spoke with linda luden ( actually i freiked out…not spoke… haha…back then she did the sheets then they started looking at them when you turn them in( when you pay initially) so if you screwed up your sheet you knew right away and got to fix it..

its complicated but after this season all the new tms will have this down pat… you will do it in your sleep…lol

brett i like the rider poll…. asking what 10 things they would like to happen to make bmx better… can you start the thread tonight and i will def ask my guy…if all the parents of riders would post under it and list the age/ class of the rider that would be a great starting point… then take these ideas to the meeting… i def agree with that one!!!

CrazyCraig

cool – if he was on for Open, then there are no issues, thanks Deb!

And yes, I am a good fit on the mortgage biz. Give me a call and I will show you some stuff about your mortgage you may not know about!

bmxmom156

like how to make it dissappear??

😆

thats the only majic i want to hear about…

bmiddaugh

build a house in NJ that is worth way more than the mortgage you have.
    sell it.
    use profit to buy same size house in more tax payer friendly state.

oh….
    and you have to plan this about 10-15 years in advance.

Does no one use crystal balls anymore?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.