Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans PLEASE CHANGE THE "MONSTER JUMP" AT CJBMX!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 17 voices and 83 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Okay, I know i will catch ALOT OF SHIT for this. BUt someone must speak up. And i have the BALLS to do it. Since day one no one has really liked that 2nd jump going into the 1st turn. Yeah I know I am not the fastest or the best, but DAMN I here alot of rumbling in the pits. I have seen one too many crashes. Think about it. I went to EHT for the first time last week. That track is real nice. Turns are different, but the track has some real FLOW. BUT cjbmx IS MY HOME TRACK, and i feel that it is the SUPERIOR track in NJ. But that 2nd jump is not good.

Make no mistake I LOVE THE TRACK. But when you have a huge jump like that, It scares alot of the NEWBIES. IN ORDER TO MAKE OUT SPORT GROW, Do we want to scare off people? I try to get anyone and everyone to “come on down” and check it out. I am not the greatest or the fastest. But i want to see MORE “youngins” involved.

Once again It may seem like i am Bitchin and Moanin, but ask around and see if anyone else agrees. You might be surprised. You may not like what I have to say,but someone has to do IT!!!!!!!!!

rideodybmx

Anthony for once i compleatly agree with you
    i know i bust ur chops most of the time but that jump has to be changed
    i am all for making it back into a triple maybe a little longer than last time. this way the not so good guys ( not phil jimmy etc ) can jump part of the jump and still keep some sort of speed itno the new turn. i say we start a pole get some sigs and bring it to the track director.

CHANGE THE JUMP!!!!!!!!!!

victoryfox

I no longer have an opinon on this topic. Have fun.

rideodybmx

rob u dont even race at cj lol u jus come for practice lol jp
    idk im still saying

CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RFarside

I am with you guys to on this one to I think they need to change it. They should make it 10’ longer so I don’t over jump it.

Come on if a 40 year old guy can do it so can you.
    😀

victoryfox

RaidenHayden

Rich
    Unfortunately, people will not jump stuff like you or I , and then they get discouraged and quit. The tracks need to be made so they are fun for all. I think EHT is an example of this, fast fun flows, and not to scary for the ones that don’t jump. Yet hitting up the jumps is fun for the guys that will.
    Until this go for broke mentality stops we will lose riders,

LeadSled1

Use one of these neat saftey devices. If you come up short just pull the string. 😆

Just messing with you guys. 😉

bmiddaugh

I think I have to agree and say that WE should change the first straight doubles at CJ. I’ve talked to Vinnie and he personally has said that he has changes in store for that part of the track and at the moment they haven’t been fully implemented, so I would have to say give them some time.

Now, I capitalized we in that last paragraph. Why… Ya see when changes are made volunteers show up, CJ was good enough to have the input of Phil, Jimmy and a few other top NJ expert riders to build the new stuff. These guys go big and are great jumpers so they of course will give input accordingly. If we had a few more volunteers then possibly the track would have had changes made that were a bit more “average” racer friendly. Which leaves us where we are now.

I’m sure a few people might have noticed that I was missing from CJ this weekend. I got the opporutunity this weekend to do some demos at a local bike tradeshow. I jumped at the chance knowing that I could reach some new kids and parents that might be interested in BMX. I talked up racing to a few families, I didn’t have any NBL brochures to hand out or info about CJ but that will be changed for the next demo I do in April.

My motivating force being 40 and still riding is to bring NEW riders into our sport.

NOW, I talk up how great BMX is (when we do demos we play up the fact that I also race and it’s great for kids..etc.) send them to the website, tell them to get info there, head out to a race and check it out. I tell them it’s easy, fun and you’ll be riding with kids who are at the same age and skill level as yourself. Great, they’re sold,, here’s a responsible adult, clear spoken, has a real job and believes in BMX, says it’s great for kids, let me head out and see what this is about.

They get to the track with their 5-10 year old kid, see huge PAVED turns, jumps that are 6′ tall and (and I know a lot of people don’t want to believe this) the parent or the kid says, no way this looks too intimidating.
    It’s true, it’s happened, I’ve talked to more than 1 person who has told me this.

People say the trend AT NBL National events is toward bigger jumps , ABA is more racing friendly as opposed to lips and jumps friendly. We are at the local level looking to grow the sport, you have to make it inviting to new people, “overly” big jumps aren’t inviting. So maybe we should at the very least look to give Vinnie a hand the next time a change is made, and I mean ALL of us. Volunteers are obviously sorely lacking when you only get 10-25 motos at a race.

With that whole diatribe being said, I’d also like to say there are problems at every track in NJ. The quarry dust at HC that most aren’t into, of course with low moto counts easy track care becomes a consideration so they stick with the dust, the controversial jumps at CJ, and believe it or not I am under the belief that EHT could actually use a few LESS jumps to give it a little more racing and a little less pump and jump.

As I’ve said before here, I am going to do everything I can to get new kids to ride and race, when they get to the track we have to make it friendly. Let’s work together.

bmxlegend

go big.. or go home…

i feel gay for just typing that.. hahaha

but thats the truth

victoryfox

RFarside

Jess did you get that out of Jud’s gear bag? 😆

RaidenHayden

Rich
    Jud still driving a pinto?

CWCCRIDER

That jump is PART of the reason I stayed home on Sunday!!!
    I will race that track this year mabe I will get comfortable enough to jump it, maybe I wont
    I would only think that a jump like that would turn more people away then bring people in
    oh and the other reason I stayed home this Sunday—- My wife would have been pissed if I didn’t get some work done around the house !!!!! 😆 😆

RaidenHayden

Chris
    I hear Ya on the work thing, I’m trying to get a bunch done so I can do some racing.
    About the jump, I’m glad I get alot of time off for work if I need it, and have paid benefits , most don’t, so they look at the reality of what can happen if something goes wrong. I thing CJBMX will see a big down turn on it’s rider count

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.