Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans PLEASE CHANGE THE "MONSTER JUMP" AT CJBMX!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 17 voices and 83 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Tidey,
    Welcome back! You and your son are exactly who I am talking about, you guys are SO IMPORTANT right now!! Just think, you’re kid goes out and races, he’s stoked, comes back, tell’s other kids…we know the drill, ’cause we already did it as kids.
    I’m hoping someone reads if not this whole thread at the very least your one post, because I have to tell you with all the bickering us already sold guys have been doing, it’s the people still on the fence about it that are most important.

LeadSled1

It disrupts the flow

=

😆

Just hit me as funny.

bmiddaugh

Whew, that is funny, lol!
    Man this thread needed some levity big time!

LeadSled1

Tidey, good first post. 😉

CWCCRIDER

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

bmxlegend

next race in howell i go to.. im bringing a box of kleenex ..i seriously cannot believe what im reading…

bmiddaugh

Seriously though…
    If it was me, lead, Rich, Ham and Antdog on the gate, busting each others chops, “ah you ain’t got the chumb freakin wumbas man”, “ah Ant if you jumped as far as your mouth could talk you’d clear the grand canyon”,” middaugh…you’re a freestyler? more like a no-styler”, it’d be one thing…

But, when a new 10 year old kid rolls up to the track and says Dad I don’t want to, it looks too scary, when he would probably have given it a shot if things weren’t so big.
    Well, then isn’t it a little sad, ’cause weren’t we all that little 10 year old grommet at one point…

Do we really have it in our hearts to tell a new potential lifelong BMX bud, sorry little man, go big or go home.

LeadSled1

I think you guys need to work on multi line jumps if the beginners are having that much of a problem with it.

Out of our second corner we have a triple. The first two bumps are perfect doubles and the third bump is down about 16″ lower than the other two. You can double the first two and roll the third, or roll the first and double the second two. If you have brassies like Phil you can triple the whole thing or if you are new you can roll the whole thing.

LeadSled1

Phill D, taking it upstairs on the triple.

http://www.bluediamondpark.com/bmx/movies/1718XMpage.htm

rideodybmx

Thats exaclty what i was saying

make the jump back to a triple, leave it as long if youd like, but at least have something that where if you jumped you still could land part of it and ride away with some speed. that would be ideal, because the good guys can jump the whole thing why do they care whats on the ground they barely touch it. make it so its possible to roll over or manual or something besides go big or go home on for once i cant stand that statement because what it realtes to in this thread is somethign that should have never been in the first place, the day the 1st and second straights were changed someone should have been there to say something about it, now its almost a year later and were still arguing it.

” SLAY THAT MONSTER JUMP ” !!!

victoryfox

I no longer have an opinon on this topic. Have fun.

bmxmom156

when did they change this jump? this yr or last? we havent been there this yr but my son said it wasnt bad last time he was there ( it was nov 05 for great givaway) did they change it since then?

bmxlegend

when i was 10 years old.. maybe 11.. i was reading a bmx action.. and they had a race where one of the doubles was filled with water in the middle…it was do or die..and from that point on.. i wnated huge jumps that would make or break me…im 31 and i still want a jump that will scare the ever living shit out of me.. that was bmx is to me.. adrenalin..i want a track that will push me to my point of almost death…that is what makes me ride more and more..how will i get better if i have to race a track with stupid little rollers all over the place.. i prolly reached my pinacle years ago.. but i still want to push myself..
    if you fall..get back up, dust yourself off.. and try it till you get it…

TideyFamily

I’m Fat and out of shape but want to get out there and race now seeing how much fun it was yesterday. This will date me.. I still have my Cycle Craft cruiser and 20″ from when I used to race. 😀 . We just got my son a used bike yesterday from one of that dads thier at CJ it’s a specialized expert. When I woke up this morning i came down stairs to see him standing on the pedals acting like he was in the gate. Made me a very happy Dad to finally get him into a sport that he shows some genuine interest in.

bmiddaugh

Ham,
    Then come on down to CJ and bust out over the doubles this weekend my man.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.