Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old VINELAND TRACK

• This topic has 10 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

piscataway is kinda north…north of that darn parkway bridge right?? lol

CrazyCraig

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

craig wrote.

I think what we need to do is keep our eyes open for a warehouse we can put an indoor track for the winter in up here. If it were centrally located, say in Morris or Passaic County, it would draw from all over.

Craig I saw a perfect building. Located in piscataway. Parking is no problem. How would we go about raising money. It is not up north but still central jersey.

Ant, there is alot more involved before that. We would need to find out the owners, etc, first. Lots to do before we get to that point, but get me some info about the building, thanks.

bmiddaugh

piscataway is north central NJ, what Ant is talking about is near 287.

BMX racing will be an EASIER sell once the olympics comes about.

Scooter, talk to Rich he was tight in with the guys who started the original Vineland track in NJ in the 70’s.

The most important part in this is persistance and professionalism.

bmiddaugh

indoors, inside, wooden track ala old school but with new school wooden jumps….
    we can build some pretty WILD stuff these days….every see some of those wall rides….(berms)

now that would be some revolutionary stuff….

CrazyCraig

Now THAT would be cool.

bmiddaugh

I believe once you form a non-profit (or for profit) organization to have the track then lease the land to that organization, the organization then becomes liable for any liabilities. That sounds wierd….

Carol leases the land to us for CJ, (it’s a killer 1 dollar a year). We are insured through a local agency, I can give you their phone number if you like, I believe the owner is an ex racer.

In FACT, that insurance agency is THE reason CJ reopened.

BIGANT-DOG

Craig i can get it this weekend. Will try and take pics of the place. Broncitis is slowing me down at the moment though.

bmxmom156

how much is the insurance do you know since its private land?

also the rent is a biggy. if you are talking indoor the heat is a factor i think i remember the indoor dome was costing 10 thous a month for heat! thats insane but it was only used on weekends too! he owned the dome but i dont know what the rent was to the golf course. the place was packed every weekend plus i think they had mtbikers there too in the races which is good.

we need something in the winter months here in nj its every yr someone brings this up. with all the abandoned buildings near newark airport i cant believe someone cant get them to build a track if its not used now then it seems like a no brainer right?

whats that huge indoor bubble thing on rte 31 south on the way to fleminton where the race track/fair used to be? is that like one of those indoor football practice domes like at the meadowlands? thats what we could use…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.