Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Vet pro’s should not…..

• This topic has 14 voices and 49 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Caveman

But there is one way to solve the problem

It’s a problem? For who?

it seems kinda ludicrous to be racing vet in clips

It IS ludicrous. It’s also ludicrous that vet pros don’t ride Schwinn Stingrays with vinyl pads. Where are my motomags?

It is obvious that he and the older vet’s know how to ride without em

Yes he does “know how” to ride without them but I don’t really know what that means. EVERYBODY “knows how” to ride without them. Are you suggesting it requires more skill to ride without them?

As athletes, BMXers are (hopefully) gonna adopt whatever changes will make them go faster, jump further, etc. If BMX has been around for 30 years and we haven’t progressed at all and we’re still riding the same bikes, doing one footed starts, jumping three foot doubles at twelve mph and following a strict training diet of pizza and chips washed down with Coke we’d be a joke.

If aluminum rims are gonna make me faster than motomags, I’m gonna run aluminum rims. If clips are gonna make me faster than flats, I’m running clips. BMX has adopted innovations from other cycling disciplines (like aheadsets, v-brakes, and clips) and that’s a smart thing to do. It’s only a shame we can’t push the technology envelope and create something that the other disciplines borrow from US.

I can voice how i feel and at least i won’t get banned.

Well you’re banned now. You’re banned from the vet pro class. I’m gonna make sure of it with Clayton this weekend. 😆

Caveman

But there is one way to solve the problem

It’s a problem? For who?

it seems kinda ludicrous to be racing vet in clips

It IS ludicrous. It’s also ludicrous that vet pros don’t ride Schwinn Stingrays with vinyl pads. Where are my motomags?

It is obvious that he and the older vet’s know how to ride without em

Yes he does “know how” to ride without them but I don’t really know what that means. EVERYBODY “knows how” to ride without them. Are you suggesting it requires more skill to ride without them?

As athletes, BMXers are (hopefully) gonna adopt whatever changes will make them go faster, jump further, etc. If BMX has been around for 30 years and we haven’t progressed at all and we’re still riding the same bikes, doing one footed starts, jumping three foot doubles at twelve mph and following a strict training diet of pizza and chips washed down with Coke we’d be a joke.

If aluminum rims are gonna make me faster than motomags, I’m gonna run aluminum rims. If clips are gonna make me faster than flats, I’m running clips. BMX has adopted innovations from other cycling disciplines (like aheadsets, v-brakes, and clips) and that’s a smart thing to do. It’s only a shame we can’t push the technology envelope and create something that the other disciplines borrow from US.

I can voice how i feel and at least i won’t get banned.

Well you’re banned now. You’re banned from the vet pro class. I’m gonna make sure of it with Clayton this weekend. 😆

BIGANT-DOG

Well you’re banned now. You’re banned from the vet pro class.

Geez my feelings are crushed. Look I am not against progression, but clips are the one thing i do not like at all. I have witnessed 3 crashes this year where people were stuck to the bike. one kid got wacked in the back of the head by another bike. Hey I have an aheadset v brakes euro b.b. But (as a-dog beats the dead horse) this is the way i feel and i am not gonna change my opinion.

Where are my motomags?

Dave i know where i can get a set — —

I love the internet.

BIGANT-DOG

Well you’re banned now. You’re banned from the vet pro class.

Geez my feelings are crushed. Look I am not against progression, but clips are the one thing i do not like at all. I have witnessed 3 crashes this year where people were stuck to the bike. one kid got wacked in the back of the head by another bike. Hey I have an aheadset v brakes euro b.b. But (as a-dog beats the dead horse) this is the way i feel and i am not gonna change my opinion.

Where are my motomags?

Dave i know where i can get a set — —

I love the internet.

4130forlife

hook me up.. id so race my 1980 mongoose motomag fo sho

4130forlife

hook me up.. id so race my 1980 mongoose motomag fo sho

s4lnj

since you see so many kids crashing and burninig because of hem– maybe the rule should be– “only” pros should use them.

i see clips like this— when you have reached the absolute pinicle of your riding ability, you are as smooth as can be, fast as your muscles capable, and your pull is second to none, then, and only then, put some clips on.

i think the problem is that kids hop on the clip train before they actually have the skills to benfeit from them, therefore forming bad habits and also depending on them.

dave

4130forlife

i dont need no stinking clips.. i know how to pedal without a crutch giving me an exscuse that i suck at racing and clips “helk my second pedal”

bmiddaugh

If BMX Action Online gets to the point that it does race reports I am writing a 400 page letter to Greg Hill and Bob Osborne on why Dave Kapigian should be a race reporter.
    Dave should be announcing the Olympics as well.

BIGANT-DOG

i think the problem is that kids hop on the clip train before they actually have the skills to benfeit from them, therefore forming bad habits and also depending on them.

Dave you get the millon dollar prize!!!!!!!!!

sickryder83

i’ve been racing with clips for about 7 years. i think that they are definatly bennificial. The only thing that i don’t like is when i see little kids riding them that can’t even balance on the gate yet. the only restriction that i think should be placed on, is that a rider should have to be at least a novice before they are allowed to ride clips.

Sullivan

The only thing that i don’t like is when i see little kids riding them that can’t even balance on the gate yet

^ the real reason ANTDOG wont ever clip in

Caveman

Daaaaaaamn Timmy. 😆

So let me get this straight. You have seen young kids get hurt with clips so therefore Eric Rupe should not be running clips. Well that makes sense. Why the hell do you care if vet pros run clips?

Honestly, you made more sense when you were quoting the Transformers.

BIGANT-DOG

I meant that if the vet pro’s “set the example” Maybe the other’s would follow.

And dave

“till all are one”

“I thought you were made of sterner stuff”

I got a millon of em. And Iwill be at the movies to go see it opeing night

btw ask timmy i was balancing sunday Razzes

Macdaddy

i think ….. uh,…. nevermind

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.