Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. This is America the last time I checked!

• This topic has 13 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

bigtimber

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap that wal-fart pic. heythat video was cool !

bmxmom156

in those side hack races what happened when you lost your teamate? did you still get first if only 1 crossed the finishline?

wow those races looked cool. i love the starting hill and the running to push the bike in uphill spots…..

the trophies werent too shabby either.. ( didnt look plastic)

bigtimber

when I started racing in 1983 ther were no plastic trophys. they were all metal and marble. At the time it was all about the riders and now its about the money, and not just bmx look at the wal mart add.

bmxmom156

holy crap i didnt even read it…just glanced over it quickly… wow!

when my son first started racing in 95 they were wooden ones( with several spindles) that were huge just for a local..now i know some of the older kids gave back their older trophies and let the little guys ( rookies) pick what thy wanted… we did that a few yrs ago also… recycling old big trophies is a great idea really gets the younger set pumped up esp when they get to pick…i think the one he got was an aba trophy and he raced at flem that day…to this day( and he is 16) that is one of his favorites as it was his first and he always says its a keeper for that reason..

i dont know how expensive they are nowadays but if each track had a “giveback” day race and used recycled ones may save some money and make a lot of little ones happy in the process.

just a thought

bmiddaugh

how’s about the tracks figure out how to draw riders, get grant money and increase the capital coming in.
    instead of asking riders to give up what they have earned.
    I mean it’s a cool idea, but looking at it from a rider pov, I dunno.
    maybe if the track gives the guy donating some free races or something.
    ya know?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.