Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Trails The Crater

• This topic has 5 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

I used to go with a cruiser, my one buddy takes his mountainbike

CrazyCraig

I went and visited the Crater today. It’s still there – but worn down by time. Still, I think if there were a way to get a bunch of people up there with rakes, shovels, a wheelbarrel and a chain saw (or at least an ax to be quiet) – the place still has lots of potential. I doubt highly we could sneak any machinery up there – its on county land – every so often the park police come up there on horseback. Plus – its in earshot of some newer homes – but nicely hidden in the woods and high enough on a hill so it does not draw any attention.

This is not something I have a lot of time to commit to, but if enough Morris County-area folks told me they would want to develop a nice spot to ride and jump at, I would definitely help make it happen. As it stands – I would need to spend a day up there by myself just to make the place rideable – but an all-out effort by a crew would be needed to make it a serious place. Hayden – if this ever does happen – I’d want to get your input – I think you would definitely see the potential.

Its located on the border of Whippany & Parsippany and best accessed off Reynolds Ave. PM me if anyone wants specifics. Just riding the trails through the woods to get there was fun and a pretty good workout.

CrazyCraig

To comment on my last post – it is rideable ride now – but in its current condition its limited in what you can do there. There is a bump in the middle similiar to the first hump at CJBMX – so I got in some practice pedaling over it.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.