Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. So you think BMX has probs

• This topic has 11 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

This years Tour De France has probs, two time stage winner Alexander Vinokoruv, has tested positive for doping and his whole team withdrew!!! that took fifth place contender Andreas Kloden out as well. And the whole road scene is suffering as a result of all of this. Not agreeing that they should get off, but the UCI, could probably handle it a little better. Oh wait, aren’t they the ones running this new Olympic system. Yeah, this is going to be a mess

paulc

Bill,

I have been watching it since the beginning. It seems the road scene is seriously tainted with doping etc. Ivan Basso was picked up by Discovery last year to race the tour this year. He was let go in April due to drug investigations in Spain. Tyler Hamilton was banned for 2 years for the same thing Vino supposedly has done. He was scheduled back to race the Giro this year and was let go due to the drug investigations in Spain as well. Rassmussen was just banned from competing in the worlds, I think, and the Olympics because he failed to let the authorites know his wherabouts two weeks prior to the tour or something. Seems a little fishy to me as well. The list goes on and on.

RaidenHayden

Basso, was actually suspended because he had thought about doing it but hadn’t. They dropped most of the investigation, cause they could not prove anything. My point is that they are on a witch hunt, for what reason, maybe to make themselves look better, who knows, but their actions, and the way they have handled it, have cost road cycling dearly, through loss of sponsors and cash, and now they’re running the BMX show too!!

rodney

Well the question becomes how many elite bmxers are using dope to gain an advantage ??

RaidenHayden

My point is handle it better, and promote it rather than tear it down

RaidenHayden

Another rider just tested positive for testosterone, no name yet

BIGANT-DOG

Well the question becomes how many elite bmxers are using dope to gain an advantage ??
    someone on vbmx started the same topic. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that yes there might be some guys out there using something, but bmx is too small of a sport for anyone to notice.

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=004484

BIGANT-DOG

Hey Pistol Pete Loncareavich was accused of being on roids back in the 80’s. I can’t remember what became of that.

RaidenHayden

Bretts, doing roids from what I hear, hemaroids!!!!!! that is is

rodney

you said it ant bmx is to small to notice way to go now everyone will think bmx is small …because to some little kids bmx is huge!!!

bmiddaugh

um…I think Rod was busting chops and referring to different dope…

leave my roids out of this.

BIGANT-DOG

you said it ant bmx is to small to notice way to go now everyone will think bmx is small

bmx is small when compared to the tour de france, FOR NOW!!!

rodney

once big lets keep it there by having no doping issues

RaidenHayden

We have plenty of doping issues, haven’t you seen how some of the people involved in BMX in this state, DOPES

4130forlife

the tour de france is GAY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.