Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. So you think BMX has probs

• This topic has 11 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

Drugs should be acceptable in sports.. If they had em back in the day people would have used them then also……

bmiddaugh

If anyone watched Joe Kid, you’d know the real answer to this.
    Just watch Perry Kramers interview..

< still straight after all these years.

Probably why my mind is so warped.

4130forlife

i race drunk.. yep.. i need the beer to help me race, haha

RaidenHayden

Thats it Pawson YOU ARE BANNED, Haaaaa you should be used to that

4130forlife

dude.. i will never be banned..i am bmx.. accept that fact

bmx is rebellion.. bmx is being punk rock..bmx is pabst blue ribbon

RaidenHayden

Dude,road bikes are theraputic!!!! Except for when you crash, like today, then you get up and ride through the pain, ahhhh more therapy

rodney

back in the day riders in the tour use to smoke while they rode… and yes if everyone did drugs it would be a level playing field and do you think the road guys give us no respect because we are gay …tight girl pants, pink parts ,little bikes , complaining all the time , I guess bikes as a whole are gay

rider1

Drug use has ben in cycling from day one. 30 years ago Tom Simpson died during the tour. Not to mention all the guys who have died since. What can you do? Its sad,but this is the reality. Dave can you tell me why the tour is gay? Its racing man.

Rich

4130forlife

i just dont get it rich thats all.. the whole thing

the bikes.. the shoes.. the clothes..

its just not something i think is fun

Caveman

I can’t believe this!!!! First Vinokourov, then Moreni and their entire teams are booted and now wham! Rabobank pulls it’s own rider, Rasmussen, who had the race practically in the bag. I think that was a cowardly, shitty move on their part. Every retard is on a witch hunt suspecting everyone of saucing so they fold under mounting public pressure and pull their own rider. What a witch hunt. And to think Lance had to deal with this for years. Good thing his team backed him up.

I was rooting for Rasmussen. I’m so angry I could spit. If I go to Spain next year, I’m going to stop by Holland and blow up Rabobank.

Performance enhancing drugs are banned from sports because they are drugs meant for other illnesses and require a prescription. They require a prescription because they have side affects and have to be controlled. If they weren’t controlled millions of idiots the world over would sustain injuries or death by abusing them.

As for BMX some people would say steroid use is rampant. I say those people are crying sour grapes just because they never did well. “Oh, Bubba is going fast? He must be on roids” That’s just like a guy that gets turned down by a girl so he says, “Aaah, she must be a lesbian” Everyone that has ever done well in BMX has some retard suspecting them of steroid use. I remember Danny Nelson said Veltman was obviously saucing, others accused Nelson of saucing. I think even Clayton John and Bob Tedesco were probably accused of saucing. In fact back when I was buff like shit, Jeff Lamb thought I was saucing. Yeah, sure, I’m saucing. Please. My body was a result of discipline and hard work and so are the performances of top BMXers.

BMX is way too small and disorganized to police their own riders the way professional road racing does. The olympic comittee on the other hand might test the riders in the olympics but if you’re worried about BMX looking bad because riders fail drug tests, I don’t think we have anything to worry about. I don’t think anyone is saucing.

This move by Rabobank was dumb as shit. Here they are advertising through cycling but then they draw negative attention to themselves and cycling by withdrawing their own rider. What a bad two days for cycling!

4130forlife

blow up your road bike.. ride a bmx

Caveman

Bill I just read one of your posts and you are right. This witch hunt is costing cycling dearly. This is no way to make it grow.

And Ham, put the bottle down, you’ll live longer.

RaidenHayden

No matter what, that was a stupid move by rabobank, I just got home from riding 22 miles and saw the flash on Versus. I wanted a slugout in the time trial, this sucks. And the last few mountain stages was some of the best racing in years too!!! What a shame, but just think, the UCI are running the disaster in Victoria, Hmmm don’t know if they got their plates today yet, waiting for that call

rodney

I believe its all about ratings and popularity now that there is no silly americans to cheer for they have to do something to spruce up interest and lets all jump on doping YEAHHH!!! the masses ruined it by making to popular ..watch no coverage next year ..wait its america we all like soap operas and nascar crashes OH GOD!!!

Tons of BMX Pros have used steroids over the years. I hate cheaters.
    I personally believe most Pro baseball players and cyclists use illegal performance enhancing tools.

The problem in BMX is its too expensive to police it. In cycling you cant win with out it (Roadie types) and in football and baseball how can you force entire teams of athletes with payrolls of like 1 trillion dollars to stop taking something that can help their team win.

When Mike Schmidt and Reggie Jackson and others allegedly started taking them, baseball shoulda have cracked down. Now its too late. The records that have been sacred for 100 years are now worthless.

For those that never lifted tell tale signs are extreme size growth in one year. Stretch marks, joint problems or liver problems. Wearing long sleeves to cover up stretch marks or your rapid size growth to make it less obvious.
    For athletes like baseball players with a huge calorie burning lifestyle rapid muscle growth is impossible. Want to see who juiced BITD look for those signs and see their High School photos. Some guys like Greg Luzinski and Harmon Killabrew where just big ol boys. Others had a little friend. Another way to tell who was guilty is how they talk about Bonds. It is clear that Henry Aaron never juiced.
    BTW when you see Aaron Rowand play he went to college downt he street from me. Go Titans (yeah some of them juice 🙁 )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.