Homepage Forums Riders Committee Change NJBMX proposal for NJBMX

• This topic has 3 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rider1

OK, there are many ways to write these things. I have read about ten thousand of them in my day. Foundations like mine are all a little different. Requirments differ depending on who you deal with. I like to see proposals that are simple. If I need more info I ask for it. In this case I have a good understanding of how the grant will be used, and who I am dealing with. So in the intrest of keeping things simple here it is.

1. Givr the name of the organazation

2. The request. NJBMX requests the amount of 5000 dollars for the purposes of equipment purcheses and marketting materal.

3. A detalied itemized list of all the purchases.

4. Outline of the purpose of the grant. How the money will be used.

5. Breif history of the orgazation

6. Closing statement.

The name of my foundation is The Tina and Richard V Carolan Foundation Inc.

Rich any questions let me know.

bmiddaugh

Do we need any financial docs from the organization.

RaidenHayden

SO

NJBMX
    The New Jersey BMX association

At this time our organization would gratefully reguest that you recognize our reguest for funding from you foundadtion in the amount of $xxxx.xx, for the purpose of enhancing our statewide BMX program benefitting the riders of New Jersey. Monies donated from your fondation will be used for the following.

1. New PA system, model 3800, cost $xxxx.xx

2. All costs of printing, and distibution of flyers to be handed out
    to shops and riders, cost not to exceed $xxx.xx

3. Promotional items for event, not to exceed $xxx.xx

Again in closing all of the aformentioned monies will be going to enhance the statewide program, for the benefit of the riders.
    NJBMX, is an orginization committed to the growth of the sprot of BMX within the State of New Jersey, and has been in existance for that sole purpose since 19xx.

Something to that effect I assume

bmiddaugh

since 1981

cave has the pa pegged at 1400
    I’m still waiting for lisa to get me numbers on promo.
    also I say we find out the cost on plates, hoodies and gear bags for the riders for 07 and add that into the mix.

RaidenHayden

Basically I think that is what he is looking for, wasn’t sure of dates, hell I’m lucky if I can remember which house is mine

rider1

oh yea I need a copy of the IRS letter of detrrmination. I saw last years financials so that is good . The IRS letter should be on file with the tressaure. Good luck with that. That should do it for now.

Rich and yes I still cant spell

bmiddaugh

i ken spel

RaidenHayden

I didn’t want to comment on that, I thought possibly you were dictating to your daughter, then I realized she probably spells better

rider1

Bill, good just like that. Put that on official NJBMX letter head and give it to me. Wow we have to write the proposal for them, is there anything they can do? Just kidding, but this same kind of proposal can be used to solicit other foundations. I will elaborate on that later.

Rich

RaidenHayden

Rich’
    Unfortunately, I think we willl have to make up some sort of letterhead, as I do not think they have one.

bmiddaugh

I have emailed Lisa asking for the letter.

RaidenHayden

Just a point of interest, but I want to bring this up again. The grant money is nice, however, I don’t want this to be these clowns thinking that Rich, or someone can bail them out, I hope that some level of getting their house in order will come to, so as not to require another grant, loan, or soforth! Otherwise it will be like giving crack to a junkie, to appease them

rider1

Brett one more thing dont put “cost not to exceed” put the exact ammount. Because when they request 5000 dollars, the items they are going to purchase have to add up to that exact ammount. Also, they will have to account for all the expendures.

Rich

bmiddaugh

you got it Rich!

bmiddaugh

NJ BMX Inc.

NJ BMX Inc. would like to respectfully submit a request to the The Tina and Richard V Carolan Foundation Inc. for the amount of $5,000 dollars to be used for the purpose of equipment, promotional and award material. Our organization works closely with the youth of New Jersey through our BMX racing program.

The grant shall be used in the following areas to enhance our program:

*$1,400.00 for a portable public address system to be used during our state races and other large races and events we hold throughout the year.

*$***.00 for promotional material consisting of store posters, flyers, and bicycle hangers, to be used to draw more people to our program.

*$****.00 to be used for trophies, jackets and gear bags for our state awards program.
    (Please see the enclosed cost estimates from the companies we will be dealing with.)

As stated above the money will be used to enhance and promote our state program with the hope of attracting more people to racing BMX in NJ.

NJ BMX Inc. was founded in 1981 to foster the promotion and growth of BMX racing in New Jersey through the cooperation of BMX tracks in the state. Our organization uses all money generated by the program to further enhance BMX racing in NJ.

NJ BMX looks forward to working with The Tina and Richard V Carolan Foundation Inc. to foster BMX racing in the Garden State.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.