Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Hyper Pro-Am Ideas Pro/Am news..

• This topic has 10 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    moderator1

Any news yet for the Pro/Am?

BIGANT-DOG

I had some ideas, but been a little pre occupied. it would be nice to get some kind of tv exposure though. Just for the pro am.

BIGANT-DOG

I did see in some of the newspapers that you can send them the results of your event. sending the results of each pro am to all the local papers seems feasible. I am willing to bet alot of people who read the sports section know someting or used to participate in bmx.

TenaciousD

Check into this guy.

http://dickcraigsrocknroll.com/

He is on public access tv. I see him all over the place covering all sorts of events. Maybe he will be willing to come out.

BIGANT-DOG

I see that on tv all the time. had no idea what it was.

rodney

that dude is always chillin at the car show in Somerville friday nights also went to hippie Steves comp years ago when it had them at his house

Caveman

Not that it makes any huge difference but I was thinking I might like to come back and announce some of the races this year. I enjoyed announcing at Pottstown very much and my last day at Flemington was fun too.

bmiddaugh

Dude…
    As told to me by Carol “The Gospel Sayer” Gleason.
    The announcer is THE most important job at the track.

I think Rich and Glen won’t have a problem with this.
    Maybe when they get this all nailed down, we can make it so you are officially at particular races.

Let’s get the band back together again man….

tpbmxtd

@Caveman wrote:

Not that it makes any huge difference but I was thinking I might like to come back and announce some of the races this year. I enjoyed announcing at Pottstown very much and my last day at Flemington was fun too.

We would love to have you back announcing, even if it was just for a couple of races.

We will be in touch with you Dave in the near future.

RaidenHayden

Caveman rocking the house would be Grrrrrrreeaaat!!!!!! Welcome back Dave

bmxmom156

i knew he’d be back…

Caveman

i knew he’d be back…

I knew I’d get the “I told you so” from you Debbie.

Actually, I’m psyched because I figure I can ride my road bike to the races, announce and ride home.

I think a “press release” should be sent to sites like BMX mania, BMX news, Vintage, and whatever else you can think of about two weeks before each race to get people to come out. I’ve seen other pro-ams mentioned on those sites. Also a press release with the standings could be sent after each race. This was a pretty damn good series and it could rival Florida’s pro series. Each race was fairly lucrative and it was a title series. That’s more than just a few disjointed races that nobody cares about which is what pro-ams at state qualifiers used to be. For once people actually cared about racing. If it’s advertised I’ll bet you could get guys from Virginia, Pittsburgh, the northeast, etc. There’s no reason there shouldn’t three full gates at each race.

bmxmom156

its in your blood dave thats all i meant…

hype it up before each race what a great idea i also like someone else said to link the pro/am site to other sites…is there a link directly off of the “new ” njbmxracing site? that would be cool. i didnt notice if there was one there last yr.

tpbmxtd

@bmxmom156 wrote:

…….is there a link directly off of the “new ” njbmxracing site? that would be cool. i didnt notice if there was one there last yr.

The Pro/Am was run in conjunction with the State Series, it was not part of the State Series. We kept track of all the points and money for the series.

In my opinion to put the link on the new website would have to be something that would have to brought up in the next meeting, being that it is not a State run series.

bmxmom156

ok, that sounds good..but if we can put links to all kinds of crap on there (that have absolutely nothing to do with bmx…in the past that is) why not support an ongoing SERIES run in NJ in conjuction with the STATE SERIES… seems fine to me will be sure to bring it up next meeting…

after all the hyper pro am is supporting njbmx state series if it wasnt for them there would be hardly any older riders doing the state series (jmo)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro/Am news..’ is closed to new replies.