Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Of BMX tracks, Lumberton and bitching-moaning

• This topic has 12 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Dave if you really want to get a car lmk i see cars for sale cheap. And I have something to say. All the tracks need to work together sit down and figure out how can WE hcbmx eht p-town and cjbmx, get the numbers back up!!!!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

and to the people who busted their asses gettng the track ready, If more riders had your attitude, maybe bmx in jersey would be alot better than it is now.

You will never see a BMX track in every town, not even close. The ABA and NBL had 60 years of running BMX and this is where we are.

4130forlife

well a car and a drivers licence.. haha

bmiddaugh

Can we get back to why I put this up in the first place.

Is anyone making any HEADWAY in starting new places to ride in NJ.
    That’s all I wanted to know.
    WTF man!

bmxmom156

i for one was all excited to hear when rich( back a few yrs) offered to help out hc but i believe ( now dont quote me on this)there were some “personality issues” and “ego issues” at that time and the people involved in this are no longer involved(older riders) so that tells me the ppl who come and shoot off a bout you should do this and we should do that…come in like gang busters and when someone dosnt agree with them..well im going home…not very productive.( not rich)

that sseems to be the order of the day not just with flem but others as well.

so when you say someone offerd to do a face lift and hc refused..thats not the whole story…. please dont make it sound so simple when it wasnt ( from my recollection)and please lets not rehash old crap that is not relavant at this time…

yes jimmy is correct. ther were a few there yesterday all day ( it was dry untill later on in the afternoon) untill it started pouring/ gate practice. i got a call last night they were finishing up around 9pm. its too bad i imagine alot more could have been done with more willing to help.

when the mulherns and klamkas and bevins did track maintanance it was really them- even then there wasnt alot of parents helping out. when you see its all done and pretty before a race on sat everyone says oh great how nice the surface is… its done so no one helps….( like the majic bmx faries come down and groom the track) now it needs alot of work and ppl say oh its horrible someone should fix it……10 yrs later and the same attitude. let someone else do it.

bmiddaugh

It is as simple as that.
    I swear it was.
    But everyone blew things up because of egos, that is as Dave would say, fo sho.
    I gotta know who all these other older riders were that came in like gangbusters and then faded out. Does anyone have names? I heard the same thing from Linda.
    If the people in charge of NJBMX treated anyone even remotely like they treated me and for that matter my g/f, I could see why they came in all stoked and left saying forget this. My g/f won’t even come to the track because of what happened to her. I see a lot of bright spots out there, yourselves included, Debbie, Tom and the gang but all it takes is a few vocal people who treat new people unfairly and the newbies will not return.
    Dang, peeps, you’ve all told me your stories of the totally uncool stuff that has happened in the past at these tracks and you think that does not have an effect on turnouts? I don’t get it, and then you turn a blind eye.
    If you see something that is going on that is wrong you must confront the people doing wrong somehow. Jeeshush!

I don’t know…
    More places to ride sounds like a good idea to me.

Does everyone here want more places to ride or less?

bmxmom156

water over the damn and that had nothign to do with the track that was another issue as i have explained to you before.

i will say that i had heard somethng while at the nat last weekend and i hope to God its not true… will know this weekend “fo sho”…if it is true i can tell you now i will be very very upset and you wont be hearing from me any longer.

i hope the maturity level hasnt sunk to this as in the long run it hurts the riders not anyone else.

end of discussion from my end….

s4lnj

will say that i had heard somethng while at the nat last weekend and i hope to God its not true… will know this weekend “fo sho”…if it is true i can tell you now i will be very very upset and you wont be hearing from me any longer.

come on– you cant lead us in and not…..deliver

what was it?

miken1973

@bmxmom156 wrote:

“If rundown becomes shutdown, then there is nothing to do about it”

this is what is called apathetic attitude… and personally i am really suprised that anyone with a long history in bmx would say this, no less a rider….

For a guy who likes to flaunt his “historic footprint” on the sport this is an ass backwards statement. I do not race anymore but I remember my first race at Flemington 20 years ago this summer. Shame on the bob t and the NBL dont forget kids Flemington NJ was the home of the NBL for a short time and one of the longest running tracks in the country that never shut down. It makes me happy to see all the old skoolers coming back to the sport either by themselves or with families but dont forget that big gap inbetween you were not around and the good people who did a lot when you were not there. I agree with bmxmom dont forget what you already have. It would be great to have new tracks but all three barely get by now. Lets not Forget Stevie Bevins who brought that track back to life in the mid 90’s the man died and had his ashes placed in the garden next to the starting hill. That statement literarly steps on his grave. Howell right now is the zenith of NJ bmx the best its ever been period but Flemington in mid 90’s is the BMX I loved and will always remember.

bmiddaugh

My first race was at Pete’s bike shop in 1979 on the Flemington Oval track.
    So I remember all that stuff.
    History though is just that history.
    If any track or skatepark or whatever can’t make the mustard it’s gonna go away. It happens.
    Damn, it happened to my own ramp-park in S Plainfield.
    But new things will take it’s place, a lot of times they can even be better.
    My place shut down, and new places popped up.
    I’m not calling for flemington to shutdown.
    I’m saying that if new people want to start new places then why shouldn’t they?
    I don’t really flaunt anything, I just try to get the word out.
    My historic footprint on NJ is tantamount to nothing.

I’m thinking I may have to refocus my energies in BMX.
    In fact that’s a good idea.
    I’m gonna have to talk to a few people.

bmiddaugh

Here’s a better one.
    Let’s say I am an asshole now for making that statement.
    Tom’s wants to pimp me, you wanna jack me.
    Then why aren’t all of HC’s locals out storming every place kids are putting the word out that HC is the best f-ing place to ride in NJ? Telling kids out there ,get your butt to the track man!
    One of your own locals actually said at a meeting, “are you sure we should do flyers? That could lead to liability issues.”
    These kinds of things are what drives me crazy.

I totally forgot about Bevins’ ashes. Holy cow, I mean you guys have a gentleman who believe in that track so much that he wanted to be buried there. I mean what greater honor is there for a track man?!
    There isn’t even a sign out front during a state race!
    Help me out here, throw me a bone.
    Last year when everyone was saying how crappy HC was, I drove from my house all the way up there to take pictures and see how it was. I put a nice little write up about how it was a fast downhill track and all, told everyone to come check it out.

Yes, my roots go directly back to Flemington. Directly back, I got my first real BMX bike from Pete’s bike shop.

bmiddaugh
    miken1973

Yes it does happen I started racing in 84 so I very aware of tracks coming and going. I remember your skate park I rode it quite a few times and enjoyed it. I will compliment you because it was ahead of its time especially for NJ back then. Growing up in Middlesex County myself it was all we had. I come out to races and once a blue and most riders haven given up on flemington and thats a shame. I am no hipocrit(I cant spell thats a given) I have even given up on it a bit myself. I havent been there in year or two. I have no problem with people trying to open new tracks and start new things thats fantastic thats progression just dont forget what you already have. THis is NJ open space is not common and land cost a premium. Add in insurance and liability risk when everyone sues and its very hard to open new tracks. It took ten plus years to get a town to build a practice track. You read newspaper articles in local and regional papers about towns trying to save landmarks of historical value, a peice of their heritage. Thats basically my pitch about flemington. Mullica hill i didnt shed to many tears for. FLemington if it goes will be missed and people will regret it. I check these forums from time to time Brett and I agree with a lot of you ideas and others I will agree to disagree but enjoy it just the same. Good luck with future endeavors.

@bmiddaugh wrote:

My first race was at Pete’s bike shop in 1979 on the Flemington Oval track.
    So I remember all that stuff.
    History though is just that history.
    If any track or skatepark or whatever can’t make the mustard it’s gonna go away. It happens.
    Damn, it happened to my own ramp-park in S Plainfield.
    But new things will take it’s place, a lot of times they can even be better.
    My place shut down, and new places popped up.
    I’m not calling for flemington to shutdown.
    I’m saying that if new people want to start new places then why shouldn’t they?
    I don’t really flaunt anything, I just try to get the word out.
    My historic footprint on NJ is tantamount to nothing.

I’m thinking I may have to refocus my energies in BMX.
    In fact that’s a good idea.
    I’m gonna have to talk to a few people.

bmiddaugh

You read newspaper articles in local and regional papers about towns trying to save landmarks of historical value, a peice of their heritage. Thats basically my pitch about flemington.

That is an excellent marketing tool and if I was the guy who was doing a lot of work at flemington, I’d use it.

Fellers, I never said if flemington gets rundown it should be shutdown.
    I said if rundown leads to shutdown. It was actually meant to be a blanket statement, there are tracks out there getting 6-9 motos.
    Out there meaning the USA, not just NJ.
    Somethings busted someplace for racing, I just haven’t figured it out yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.