Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old North Jersey, check this out…

• This topic has 13 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I have been riding for 20 years and growing up in plainfield it was not easy. At one point me bill danner and a bunch of us were the “kings of plainfield, because we rode in the parade and rode all the time at the spot. as the years went on alot of us quit but a few of us still rode, I caught alot of hell for riding a “kids bike” in the 90’s But i still did it. Brett and i used to ride in dunnellen at his hose alot then i started riding with rodney. Meanwhile my own father and I were going at it becuase of me “riding a bike”

Now I look back and say thank god I did not listen to any of those people. Today i saw my dad and was telling him about the team and how weil we are doing.

BMX has saved my life. bottom line If you love something stick with it, I am sure glad i did. Look at all the “freinds” i have. —

AirportFF

We intend to keep everyone informed on the progress. Ginny (my ex) is going to be in contact with Donna at the NBL this week and have her come to the meeting to make the presentation.
    She also had a lengthy discussion with Tedesco and Don Olson about it. Once she mentioned the trigger word (ABA) she had his undivided attention. They’re all for it (why wouldn’t they be) but now we have to get Scot Cranmer to try to attend the meeting too. I have a lot of background video to add to it. The meeting is next Saturday.

I keep you updated.

Clint

AirportFF

OK, They had the council meeting this past Saturday. It was voted and approved to either use the land in Mahwah or some property they have in Ringwood. But either way the next step is getting the NBL in to look at both properties and see what would work best.
    I like the Ringwood area better. The access isn’t as quick from the highways as the Mahwah area would be. But the Ringwood property abuts Ringwood State Park So there may be a chance of getting more property to be used for camping/parking for large events.
    We haven’t had much time this week to look or talk to anyone. My daughter Jennifer’s baby is due today and the contractions have started. So that’s delaying some contacts a little.
    But either way this track looks like it may actually happen.

bmxmom156

can you tell me where the proposed site in ringwood is? i was looking on a map and i see its fairly close to west milford which is where they were trying to get a track about 3 yrs ago ( but their prob was they proposed it as a atv/ bmx park and the neighbors went ballistic) i was curious if its in the same area. used to be some park/ zoo years ago( jungle habitat?? or something like that)

mahwah is tri state would pull from ct/ny and nj since its right on the line… so is ringwood.

keep us posted …

AirportFF

@bmxmom156 wrote:

can you tell me where the proposed site in ringwood is? i was looking on a map and i see its fairly close to west milford which is where they were trying to get a track about 3 yrs ago ( but their prob was they proposed it as a atv/ bmx park and the neighbors went ballistic) i was curious if its in the same area. used to be some park/ zoo years ago( jungle habitat?? or something like that)

mahwah is tri state would pull from ct/ny and nj since its right on the line… so is ringwood.

keep us posted …

I’m not sure where the exact location is in Ringwood. They (the Lenape Indians) own property ajacent to Ringwood State Park.
    West Milford is only about 10 minutes away though. I’ll try to nail down the exact site in a couple days and keep you posted.

s4lnj

off topic, but congrats on becoming a grandparent 😀

bmxmom156

yes congrats!!!!

the fun begins!

AirportFF

@s4lnj wrote:

off topic, but congrats on becoming a grandparent 😀

Thanks 😀 I really don’t think I’m old enough to be called Gramps yet (42) but he will be a future rider. Matt already wants to start looking at minis for him. 🙄

dpezzuti

This is the first i have heard of a track in Ringwood or Mahwah. I live locally and have been a NBL BMX mom for quite a few years at Hunterdon. I would be happy to attend any meetings or be of assistance in any way in support of the track. 🙂

bmxmom156

airport ff- will anyone from your area who is involved in getting this track started be at the howell race this weekend? might be a good idea for those who havent been to a larger( larger than a local) race to come and see how organized they are and how well it is run. (maybe meet the commish, etc other parents involved)

just a suggestion

AirportFF

@bmxmom156 wrote:

airport ff- will anyone from your area who is involved in getting this track started be at the howell race this weekend? might be a good idea for those who havent been to a larger( larger than a local) race to come and see how organized they are and how well it is run. (maybe meet the commish, etc other parents involved)

just a suggestion

I never even though of it. I know that they want to go see a few of Matt’s races. And also to checkout Pottstown and Howell. It probably won’t be for a couple weeks though. We’re going to try to get them up to New Paltz for the State quals there next Saturday.
    I know that they are going to try to set up a meet with Scot about how the track could fit into the NJ series.

CrazyCraig

Clint has been keeping me in the loop on this, there is forward progress. Nothing 100% yet, but very positive.

bmxmom156

great to hear i know a few ppl who would be interested in racing in that area…

Pinky111

Well Gramps your too busy takin pics of fat broters in the shower but you shoulda told me, Ill go to the meetings with you. I helped get New Paltz approved….oo bad example lol

AirportFF

@Pinky111 wrote:

New Paltz

You mean the rock quarry?? 🙂

You’re lucky I can’t figure out how to get those pics off of my phone 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.