Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old North Jersey, check this out…

• This topic has 13 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Craigmeur77

Check this thread on Vintage… possible new track in Bergen County!

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=004518#000001

CrazyCraig

Y’know, I was just coming over here to post the same thread.

AirportFF

Sorry that I didn’t get here to post it. Glad you had my back Rich. 🙂

miken1973

Careful of the water up there Ford polluted the hell out of that area. Wierd NJ jackson whites up hthere

AirportFF

@miken1973 wrote:

Wierd NJ jackson whites up hthere

Those “jacks and whites” (that’s the correct term) that you are referring to are the ones that would like to build a track for people like you to ride.
    They want to do something to help their community and it’s something that my son has inpired them to look into. They are also part of my sons heritage. So take it easy. That’s a very touchy subject and one that may get your ass kicked if the wrong person heard it.
    The sad thing is that I gave the Chief links to the various threads on the subject. So this may be done before it ever gets started thanks to comments such as yours.
    So before you start flinging racial comments about people you don’t know. Maybe do a little research on the subject.

http://www.ramapoughlenapenation.org/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramapough_Mountain_Indians

It’s comments like that that will torpedo this idea before we get any info together at all.

bmxmom156

njbmx has no room for that sort of racial bs..

airport…please ignore any comments that seem to be biased or racially charged. i cant for the life of me think of where that came from.

a track in no jersey is obviously needed….

on a lighter note i met a family at a local car show tonight whos little one( about 5 yrs old) was riding around on a 16″ bmx bike with a hand written ababmx numberplate on it…whoa…small world, they just moved to the area from utah and the boy has just started racing about a month ago. i gave them all the njbmx info so if you meet this new fam from utah please make them feel welcome here in “JOISEY”!!!

bmiddaugh

A new track in the area of one of the first and most well known downhill tracks in the country is a cause to celebrate.
    After checking into the history of what mike was talking about, I’m not quite sure why he’d even refer to that, other than the fact that we have a tendency to bust each other’s chops on this site, as friends who have the same passion and love for something do.
    I would only say to someone looking at this site and wondering what kind of people are BMXers is that we are a group of individual people all with our own thoughts and opinions but who will come together for a cause we believe in. Sometimes, as humans have a tendency to do, we say something that may be off color or intereperted badly by someone but in the heart of all of us lies an intense love for what we do. I believe it was mike who not too long ago was very passionate about us not caring about the course of HCBMX.

My relatives, (Middaugh’s) are from that part of NJ and I still have relations there. Am I offended? Nah, I don’t stress over someone poking fun at things.

If anyone from the area signs up on the site and is taking a look at this thread to learn more about interest in BMX in the area, you can feel free to speak to me, I have plenty of very good information on the history of BMX in northern NJ as does Rich (Craigmeur77).

Now about Ford dumping toxic waste in the area, that I have just researched and found out is true and quite frankly pisses me off. If anyone in Mahwah or Ramapo would like some environmental activists on their side please feel free to contact me and my girl Christine at brett@middaugh.org .

njracer

I am starting to understand the Snoopy dance…

miken1973

relax folks just having a little fun. I am all for a new track take a joke people enjoy life quit being so serious!! There was no racial bias in that what so ever so dont even go there. Ever read a book called wierd NJ its pretty popular!!!! write that author and call him biased or racial.

@bmxmom156 wrote:

njbmx has no room for that sort of racial bs..

airport…please ignore any comments that seem to be biased or racially charged. i cant for the life of me think of where that came from.

a track in no jersey is obviously needed….

on a lighter note i met a family at a local car show tonight whos little one( about 5 yrs old) was riding around on a 16″ bmx bike with a hand written ababmx numberplate on it…whoa…small world, they just moved to the area from utah and the boy has just started racing about a month ago. i gave them all the njbmx info so if you meet this new fam from utah please make them feel welcome here in “JOISEY”!!!

AirportFF

@miken1973 wrote:

relax folks just having a little fun. I am all for a new track take a joke people enjoy life quit being so serious!! There was no racial bias in that what so ever so dont even go there. Ever read a book called wierd NJ its pretty popular!!!! write that author and call him biased or racial.

It’s not a matter of taking a joke. From their point of view it’s a slur that they find offensive. And if they read this they will interpret it that that’s how people think. Whether the comment was made in fun or not. They’ve spend years dealing with this very subject. Put it this way…it is their version of the “N” word.
    I’m not trying to be the heavy on this. They want to do this (for everyone). They feel that it would help people understand their culture more and show that they aren’t what most people view them as. And should they read this thread I can almost guarantee that all bets will be off.
    I know that you meant it as a joke. But it wasn’t the best timing I’ve ever seen.

bmxmom156

thats what i meant.

they dont know the ppl on this site are joking… for newbies esp those trying to get a track going in that area… just dosnt seem like a welcoming comment.

jmo

bmxmom156

just a thought …maybe save that for the smoked section??

bmiddaugh

So, as everyone can see, we can police ourselves and make sure we are all on the same page.
    I say stupid stuff.
    Mike says stupid stuff.
    We all say stupid stuff.
    Welcome to the real world, lol.

Is this proposed track anyplace near where the old Craigmeur place used to be?

bmiddaugh

Here’s something that you might like to say to everyone in that area Airport, I think we have a common ground.

As a group of people who have over time been harassed and ridiculed for no reason whatssoever, I personally can relate to your cause.
    As a kid growing up and becoming involved in this sport called BMX I was, as were many of the people on this site, ridiculed, harassed, made fun of more times than not for “riding a little kid’s bike”, “not wanting to grow up”, or “wearing stupid looking shoes”. (Yes, before clips you could get made fun of for wearing Vans).
    BMXers are very aware of bias. We basically grew up fighting it so we could just do what we love to do.
    Ride our bikes.
    At the same time though we learned that we had to keep an open mind and let things roll off of us if we were going to stick it out and make something of this sport.
    Apparently we did, because in 2008 BMX racing will debut in the Olympics.
    And the funny thing is…
    We are still the bastard step-sons of the cycling world, not getting the respect we feel we deserve.
    By allowing a fellow group of “perceived” misfits to open and run a track for BMX, arguably the fastest growing youth sport in the country you are showing kids, adults and just about anyone else that just because you are different or want to do things your own way, it doesn’t matter, because as long as what you are doing is right, then it is just, and it should be done.
    Thanks for your time.

rodney

W O W !! very well said. Thanks to guys like Brett for giving us an outlet to expand BMX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.