Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum NJBMX’s Top 6 Pros for 2007

• This topic has 6 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    moderator1

Understand that, just showing the only rule that I could find on it.

But if you do not have to race the championship race because of injury or other valid absence to receive a state ranking, than why can’t someone who crashes in practice be giving the same lenience?

bmiddaugh

Agreed.
    Interesting situation.
    I think I will sleep on all this.

bmxmom156

i can vouge for brett … he fell in practice tore up his hand i was there when he was being treated by the pottstown tracks medic( sorry i forgot her name) kathy k was sitting there also… as i asked if he needed help and she got her medic bag out and was cleaning his wound. he couldnt race as he had the injury. if he was on the moto sheets and already registered it is not the same as registering and not showing up at all….. he should be given last place (or at least last place +2??) im sure our state clerk could check with the nbl office to see if an exception can be made?? its not like he wasnt qualified or anything right?

RaidenHayden

Given the circustances, he definitely fits the standard for the rule. I’m sure at the time of the injury he didn’t have the plate on his mind.

bmiddaugh

state clerk could check with the nbl office to see if an exception can be made

If rules are absolute there can be no justice.

I personally do not need to “check with the nbl office” to determine where my loyalties lie.

Remember january’s meeting last year when I asked everyone to consider “what is best for all of BMX”. This type of situation falls under that heading.

bmiddaugh

As a side note, I’m sure Brett isn’t sweating some state plate, but it would be nice to show someone who comes out to support racing that they are welcome.

RaidenHayden

It would be nice for Brett, as he used to annoucne, and has been along time NBL rider

bmiddaugh

I just looked at that again and realized that this is a big deal.
    It would be cool if we could get a few of these guys to show up at the awards.
    I know it’s just plates and all but by having pros in NJ and making it a big deal again, new hope has been given to everything.

RaidenHayden

It is a big deal, and here is why, the younger riders look up to people, (older, faster riders, in BMX), now if they see someone they want to emeulate, it keeps them interested. Now Brett raced enough of the series that he qulaified, he was one of the people lining up on the gate, in a race that generally had all the riders attention. Now no plate because of an accident, at which point I don’t think the plate was on his mind. However earlier in the day they awarded Greg Morgan a plaque for all of his BMX accomplishments, most of which were when he was 13-17. So how is it that a guy races a series, has a crash, and can’t get anything, but something you do 8 years ago will get you something? Something to think about.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.