Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum NJBMX’s Top 6 Pros for 2007

• This topic has 6 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

though yet to be recognized will be announced later this evening when I get the full results from Rich F.
    When there is no pro class at a race, pros are allowed to race in the pro-am, which as many of you know took place this year. Therefore, pro’s who raced the minimum amount of qualifiers will receive state plates this year.
    There are officially 6.
    But I received some rather disturbing news this evening.
    It seems that Brett Snyder showed up at the championship, and this is where things get a bit sketchy as no one can “recall” what happened but apparently one way or the other he either only practiced and then crashed and couldn’t race or raced 1 moto then crashed and couldn’t race. Either way he did not complete the race.
    So even though he was qualified to the championship, showed up and then was unable to race.
    He is not allowed a state plate.
    Apparently something about having to touch the wheel to the gate or something…
    I don’t know, all I do know is that, the guy who has been busy also going to college, races all year to go to a championship race, crashes and gets denied even the dignity of a plate.
    Bummer.
    Who comes up with these rules?
    Isn’t that what this is about, hoping the kids will stay in it, turn pro, keep riding even while at college, STAY INTERESTED IN BMX.
    I don’t understand this.
    The fact that NJBMX has 6 pros now qualified to race the presidents cup and nothing has even been mentioned of this till now also sorta bums me out.

Ya now what, these guys wouldn’t even be getting plates if it wasn’t for Rich pointing out the situation.

Would this sort of thing be allowed to go on if it was a little 6 year old rookie who crashed and couldn’t race the race to get his or her plate?
    I would hope not.

This is IMO, lame.

But bravo to NJBMX’s SEVEN (in my eyes) qualified pros.

4130forlife

bret snyder rules.. he is a really good kid

RaidenHayden

Brett Snyder is a good guy, used to annouce at HCBMX, alot, hmm you think that would count

RFarside

The top 6 Pros are

1 PHIL DELIZIA
    2 TIMMY SULLIVAN
    3 GERALDO ECHEVARRIA
    4 ROBERT WHIPPLE
    5 STOSH DAWEJKO
    6 MATT SILVIA

As for Brett Snyder I was sent an email by Janeen telling me he is not eligible for a state plate. 👿

bmiddaugh

I believe he should get one, brokenspokes.net will front the cost of a plate for Brett Snyder.

Professional BMX racer.
    College student.
    Risk taker.

bmiddaugh

Always good to have new front page news.

RFarside

I went back and look at the pro points and Brett Snyder would have finished 5th.

bmiddaugh

How would the national nbl organization handle a pro showing up at the grands, getting hurt at practice and having points higher than pros who actuallly raced?
    I will adjust the results according to those rules.

moderator1

If he left before the motos then why not give him back his $20.

RFarside

I agree. He was on the moto sheets. If they don’t want to give him credit then refund his money.

bmiddaugh

Ok, so he paid.
    Got hurt.
    Couldn’t race.
    So you aren’t allowed a refund if you get hurt?
    And you can’t get a plate?
    I don’t get it.

RaidenHayden

Is there actually a rule for this in the state series

bmiddaugh

Is there actually a rule for this in the state series

It’s time for the people who actually race to make the rules.
    J-D

moderator1

From NJBMX:

Special Notes:
    If a rider qualifies for the Championship and is unable to race it due to illness, injury or other valid absence, he or she can still earn their state ranking (last place in their class) and qualify for the President’s Cup by sending a letter to the State Clerk within 7 days of the Championship stating why they cannot race.

bmiddaugh

If a rider qualifies for the Championship and is unable to race it due to illness, injury or other valid absence

duh. …um no dis to you mod 1
    That doesn’t apply. He was there.

He was there, paid the money, got hurt and was denied.

If a rule is absolute there can be no justice.
    You can quote me on that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.