Homepage Forums NJ Freestyle Flatland New school

• This topic has 5 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I will try racing this year just to stir things up how about that??????????

bmiddaugh

The question then becomes…can racing handle the Adam Bomber… 😈

BIGANT-DOG

come on and play adam. It would intresting to see you do something other than spin in a circle 😮

Anonymous

That is basically what racing is too. Riding your bike in a circle.So it wont be much difference.

BIGANT-DOG

I am holding the gate just for you

Anonymous

What are the practice nights????????What do I need to race???????

BIGANT-DOG

go to the nbl website. practice at cjbmx is usually friday nights. To me racing is just plain fun.

bmiddaugh

To give Adam some credit he was never one to do flatland, “in circles”. He’d roll all over the place, which actually is more like racing, zig, zag, hop, jump…crash.
    To directly answer Adam’s question.
    $45 for a license.
    $3 to practice
    $5 to $10 to race (trophy or not)
    Howell practices Friday nights and races on sunday.
    yee doggies?

Anonymous

So you are saying that racing is an anti-Christian event?

Once more for all who have never raced what are the rules as far as the bike itself..example:brakes,setups whats allowed what is not????????

bmiddaugh

LMAO! 😈
    No pegs, need back brakes, pads on neck, handlebars, and top tube.
    Helmet full face or with a mouth guard.
    long sleeve shirt, and long pants.

BIGANT-DOG

dude you can race my spare bike if you want.

rodney

Adam I will be at the flemington track with my kid he is racing this year come and play

loudogg666

i don’t know much about old school, except if it weren’t for kevin jones and those other dudes he rode with, i don’t think flatland would of survived. then again, i don’t know much about old school. but i do know that kevin jones did like 50 whiplashes down some hill.

bmiddaugh

Kevin revolutionised and sorta killed off flatland, if you couldn’t keep up with the K you just weren’t staying on top of stuff…funny thing is, Kevin is just a mellow guy who rides a bike and if you are learning miami hoppers, he’s down, cause it’s cool to ride a bike.

There were a lot of guys pushing flat BITD, but Kevin always had the craziest stuff. I was always more of a fan of DMC though.

adamguild

DMC rocked it….I think that there are so many good riders now that old school and its pioneers are pretty irrelevant…There were many others that pushed flatland to what it is now…Chase Gouin,Ross Smith,Steve Roy and the list goes on and on….If Kevin didnt do it someone else would have…Brett is right…I have hung with Kevin several times and he was always a great motivator and conversationilist……Not to mention how much stuff he hooked me up with to make my bike dialed….Kevin rocks…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.