Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old New Racer??

• This topic has 8 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    nitroracer1

Hello
    I just turned 30 yrs old and would like to start racing, I live in Jackson so the closest track isin howell cjbmx track. How is the racing there? How is the 30 + class? whats a good sturdy bike for 511 240 guy?

Thanks hope to see everyone soon at the track
    k

bmiddaugh

CJ is pretty cool, the track has just been rebuilt and the shop in front is owned by a family of BMXers.
    The 30+ class is pretty deep, but all the guys are real cool and always down to see new faces. Stop by and hit em up, they’ll help ya out.
    And I’m sure they’ll be offering opinions here soon enough.

mikesobusiak

What’s up I’m just coming back after be away from bmx for awhile.I’m 32 so I’ll probaly be racing w/you.I’m looking around right now on ebay etc.. for a bike I saw some good ones for reasonible price.If I were you I would go with somthin 21″top tube (frame size) chromoly.That’s my opinion I’m sure somone on here will probaly tell you different but then again it doesn’t seem like they talk to the new guys much haha..

s4lnj

new guys must be beat in first 😈

just kiddin— will chime in a little later when i have a bit more time–

welcom back

dave pawlowski
    30-34x

nitroracer1

I couldnt wait just went out and bought a 07 gt Power Series XL. I like it alot. now its time to get the cardio up,lol

later
    k

4130forlife

just dont clip in like the rest of the sheep

mikesobusiak

No clips here tried em didn’t like em felt like a lawn dart waitin to happen…..

bmiddaugh

Be warned though…we always expect the older guys to step up and do more than “just race”…. —

nitroracer1

no prob on that my son races quarter midgets and its the same, gotta help judge, score, work corners or your kid dont get to race.
    k

mikesobusiak

How is the turn out for the 30+ classes?I noticed most are expert so I guess they just combine the classes 30-34 ex-nov 35+ex nov?

mikesobusiak

Nitro just be careful they don’t try and lure you into the woods with candy 😮

bmiddaugh

It’s actually 30-34 and with all you guys popping in you’ll probably get a class, then it’s 35 over.
    30-34 is mostly experts, so expect to race em if you are in the 30-34 range.
    35+ goes from Ant-Dog to Rich Farside, so it’s a pretty motley lot, lol.
    Expect 4-10 guys in the class depending on how people are feeling that weekend, lol.

BIGANT-DOG

35+ goes from Ant-Dog to Rich Farside, so it’s a pretty motley lot, lol.

Hey brittles I may be slow but geuss what I take pics video RUN A TEAM (with some pretty good kids) and am #2 in the state . btw I only have been “racing”3 years. btw I wish you were racing again. 😈

bmiddaugh

…Just having a good time to top national contender….
    was the point I was making, —
    I’ll be back next year baby.

I’ll give ya a call tomorrow man, I have been super busy and I’m stoked to hear your good news.

eyuhas

yes brett i”ll be back as well.i have already begun riding. see you on the track soon 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.