Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Info from todays HCBMX meeting

• This topic has 11 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TenaciousD

Ant let me ask you a question…

What exactly don’t you like about it….other then other people saying they don’t like it.

Does it some how impact your riding ? your vision ?

Im just looking for some specific reason as to why you don’t care for it.

Please don’t get on the soap box and give a 14 paragraph answer, im just looking for to the point specific answers[/u]

sickryder83

Quarry dust works very well. But it takes a ton of work to do it the right way. When it breaks down, it needs to be completely stripped, and an entire new layer needs to be put down after. You have to strip it, soak the ground, layer new, soak it, tamp it, then soak and tamp again. It’s not fun haha. My dad, Mr clampka, and a few others used to do this multiple times a season. I know this, because I helped them do this. If it is done the right way that stuff can be as hard as concrete. Also, it makes it so that you can ride it right after a rainstorm. After the qp was taken off the track would turn to mud after it rained….I don’t agree with the fact that they don’t wish to make alterations to the jumps though. There are a few things on that track that need to be changed. I would be willing to help do it. I guess i’ll just bite my toung though.

4130forlife

anthony brown, knows NOTHING about bmx racing.. he is a newbie still.. 4 years isnt sh1t

RaidenHayden

All I can say, is thank god CJ doedn’t have quarry dust, and I don’t know of any National tracks for that fact that do either

4130forlife

well it appears flemington will never be a national track.. so it doesnt matter

sickryder83

most tracks don’t have it because it is hard to maintain, but it is good when done right.

Sullivan

@TenaciousD wrote:

What exactly don’t you like about it….other then other people saying they don’t like it.

i dont like falling on it, personally

4130forlife

hey dan.. i wanted to say good luck my friend on what youre trying to do..

bobbmxer

Personally quarry dust is not all that bad, except for the fact that all it really is saying is that its a layer of small rock on top of the dirt. I’ve ridin’ HCBMX for year and even though I wasn’t fully there for some of them due to my injury I can personally tell you that the track was a lot faster, smoother and dryer for that fact. Moisture locks into quarry dust and ligers for a longer period of time. So if it downpours Friday and you race Saturday, the track is still going to be wetter than it would be. It doesn’t have to be treated to just be a dirt track. Yes it is nice one the other track that use it but it’s not a requirment. Quarry dust is only an easier way to maintain the track as even though it may keep it wet it does save a lot when it come to ruts and stuff, which i understand. BUt as a view from an older rider, the track is not super hard to maintain as is so why waste time putting a quarry coat on it when honestly riders of all ages, not just a few icthy ones, like the track more. It is true if you want to increase you turnouts that you need to listen to riders suggestions of all ages and ranks. Just like it was said, how can you sell a product if it has no or less appeal than something else. You can’t, it doesn’t get sold and it dies. If that’s what you want go ahead and keep ingnoring what everyone obviously keeps saying about it. if it matters, just leave it alone. Thats all .

Whipple

bobbmxer

Throw can’t in that last sentence so it makes sense lol.

TenaciousD

Finally, a to the point answer….thanks.

I don’t like falling on it either.

As of right now, thats what we got to work with at that track.

Since we are pretty much in agreement that this method does in fact work when done correctly, can i count on some of these people to be there march 29th to see that it is in fact done the proper way ?

Also, to the people who want to bitch about when the wind changes direction (please no 14 paragraph answers explaining what you meant) come out on march 29th to help out. Don’t not come because of the people who run it, come because it’s a track in NJ.

That is just over 2 months away, im sure most of you can clear your busy schedules with this much notice..

moderator3

Bob,
    fixed your post for you.

moderator3

I’m locking this thread.
    Tenacious has gotten the responses he needs.
    Dan, I hope everyone shows up to help you out.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Info from todays HCBMX meeting’ is closed to new replies.