Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Info from todays HCBMX meeting

• This topic has 11 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TenaciousD

I am merely the messenger. I put this here because i hope people will want to know what went down today. i am doing this from memory so ask questions if you’d like and that might make me remember something.

(Full schedule will be out soon)

1. Season will start April 5th.

2. Season will end Nov. 1st

3. there will be no racing on the days Hunterdon County has Haz Mat recycling days.

4. “proposed” new start time of races: 11am with registration being from 9:30 to 10:30.

5. Possible races past Nov. 1st as money opens only. No points.

6. There will be no major changes to any jumps for this year.

7. The track will get a layer of quarry dust. (remember, i am merely the messenger)

8. The electronics for the gate have been updated and now has the capabilities to run the new random gate.

9. The existing fence will be taken down and one similar to CJBMX’s will be installed.

10. Bleachers from Bensalem will be acquired and brought to HCBMX.

11. The staging area may get a canopy to provide shade during the summer months.

12. There will be races held during the grands. It will count towards the state series only, no track points.

13. State Qualifiers are proposed to be run on July 26/27. This is not a solid date as of yet because the State board has not had their meeting.

14. A spare piston for the gate will be purchased for the track.

15. There will be gate practice again on Wednesdays.

16. Work day to get the track in shape for the upcoming season is March 29th.

17. Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXXXXX will be attending the Competition Congress along with another person (the lady was sitting right next to me and i don’t know her name – sorry)

18. Eva will no longer be the clerk. A replacement is needed.

19. The track has the new NBL software and will be used starting this season. (for sign ups & points)

20. All positions have stayed the same for 2008, other then the clerk.

21. There are 7 people now on the board of directors for HC BMX. I being one of them.

22. First straight will be slightly widened to accommodate 8 rider wide racing.

Thats all i can remember for right now. If i remember anything else i will post it.

BIGANT-DOG

7. The track will get a layer of quarry dust. (remember, i am merely the messenger)

Dan I understand you are a messenger, but everyone loved the fact quarry dust was gone. Why put it back?

bmiddaugh

12. There will be races held during the grands. It will count towards the state series only, no track points.
    21. There are 7 people now on the board of directors for HC BMX. I being one of them.

Very good.

“The track will get a layer of quarry dust.”
    Maybe the Farmers almanac is calling for a rainy summer?

TenaciousD

Matt let it be known that is what will be done.
    I don’t have an answer for you on that but can ask if you’d like.

Oh yeah, the schedule is set but i don’t remember all the dates.

I do remember there will be races when some of the Regionals are being run & there will be a few double race days early in the schedule.

BIGANT-DOG

Matt let it be known that is what will be done.

I am not trying to stir the pot, but has anyone asked any riders what they think? I understand that they are in charge but the riders are the coustomers. And if you keep the coustomer happy(racers) your moto counts will increase. I mean the racsers are the one’s who have to ride on it, and from alot of riders i have talked to they were happy that the dust was gone.

rodney

# 17 Mrs. Wheeler…( great family!!) and HIGH GEAR CYCLERY will be in full effect this year with normal goods for sale , a pit area, tools, work stand , perminent location , a lexan case provided by Hcbmx for products , clinics on bike maintenance , should be a great year !!!!

RaidenHayden

Ant, save your breath Bro, Matt stated that he is doing this for the 9 year old kids, and little ones and as long as they come he will run it. Well, that sounds good, if your a polititian, but if you are running a track on county property, better bring in more riders, especially from the county area to prove it is even worth keeping there. My opinion, they don’t care about your opinion, or mine, or the riders.

moderator3

Tenacious,
    Post edited to ensure appropriate parties are not mentioned on this site due to past accusations made against this site’s owner.
    No offense meant to you.

moderator3

We hope to hear good things from HC at the state meeting.
    Having Rod and Dan on board should make for a better scene.

TenaciousD

Thanks Rodney.

Forgot that it was noted High Gear will have a permanent more secure spot set up with a High Gear banner displayed. I recommend them. They got me my hard to find Redline Proline old school style sprocket 😆

They are not a fan of the soil tac stuff or whatever it is called.
    Im not for one way or the other but if the quarry dust is put down the right way, its alright to ride on. When it was first put down years ago it was ok.

Just give it a chance.

TenaciousD

No prob about the edited post.
    I should have known better.

BIGANT-DOG

Just give it a chance.

Dan I gave it a chance and so did others. Hey it is their track(well if you have nothing but 9 year olds how can you have a succesful track?) But let them do wat they want. But dan i would suggest talking to matt and the rest of those in charge, and “suggest” quarry dust is not the way to go. I have to mention cj eht trilogy all use soil tac and no problems. This is not a slam ant hcbmx, but i question why would you noyt use something that will make the track better and something the riders want and like, but like bill said.

Ant, save your breath Bro, Matt stated that he is doing this for the 9 year old kids, and little ones and as long as they come he will run it. Well, that sounds good, if your a polititian, but if you are running a track on county property, better bring in more riders, especially from the county area to prove it is even worth keeping there. My opinion, they don’t care about your opinion, or mine, or the riders.

Maybe they have lost touch, if so it is a shame. Becuase I thought we were all here to help bmx grow.

rodney

if you are truly trying to help stop slaming them thats what they want to use so be it and really why does it matter to you just go someoplace else if you dont like it instead of wasting your own and our time complaining maybe the dust is what keeping you in last place !!!! haha!!…… OH here it comes

BIGANT-DOG

OH here it comes

Wrong rodney I am not slamming, just stating what no one else will say. Rod you may know the industry but after racing for 4 seasons (counting this one) I think i have an idea of what I am talking about. If you ask alot of people they do not like quarry dust. If they use it no prob with me, but if you want to keep riders coming (and not just 9 year olds) does it not make sense to keep riders happy? Even you can figure that out. Hell i want hcbmx to have 25 motos a saturday, even more than that I want all the tracks to have huge turnouts. But to be a succesful track you have to take into consideration what riders want. Just like a business. as a buisnessperson you can relate to that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Info from todays HCBMX meeting’ is closed to new replies.