Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old EAST COAST NATIONAL APRIL 29th & 30th

• This topic has 13 voices and 56 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    bmxgirlmom

We really need to get our workers list in order for the pre-race and National.
    Please email, call, or post here to let us know what you will be volunteering to do.
    Remember “nobody sits the bench in BMX” that should apply to the parents too. 😀

We need for the National and (for the pre-race)
    Corner Marshalls: minimum 6 per day (3 on Friday night)
    Scorers: 6 per day + 1 floater (3 on Friday night)
    Runners: 2 or 3 a day (1 on Friday night)
    Concession: 8 per day 2 at a time 2 hour shifts (2 or 3 Friday night) {2 or 3 on Friday afternoon}
    Staging: 4 per day (2 on Friday night) {2 for practice}
    Posters: 2 per day
    All Around: 1 or 2 per day to help do whatever such as taking drinks out to the track workers, replacing toilet paper, answering the phone, taking sheets to the announcer and stagers.

Thank you very much for helping. We can’t race without volunteers.

Janeen

LeadSled1

I’ll be up very early Friday if you need some help grooming the track. I would help during the races if I wasn’t going to be on the track.

bmxlegend

ill be at the egg harbor national.. but ill be to smashed to do much

LeadSled1

Hmmmm…….. We need another roller to turn the double in the third straight into a triple. I say we plant the legend in the middle and go for it! 😆 Anyone who doesn’t like him or beer can manual, all that do like him and beer can jump. Someone keeps tally. 😉

TideyFamily

Dave, you gonna Race??? I am taking the Gack down there but just for looks… Son MIGHT race??? Dont know if I like the whole 3-4 year Rookie’s in his class.. I dont think he will have a chance..

bmxlegend

nah, i broke my knee and i think i broke my wrist.. im all busted up.. ill be there just hanging out and what not

Tidey, FWIW, not to rehash another thread, but I took my kids there last year and my 8yr old (7 at the time) raced and got smoked. It was pathetic, he hated that track until we went back at the end of the summer for the state championship where he did ok. But you know what? It was a learning experience for him. He certainly doesnt have the highest self esteem, and it was tough love at its finest. I felt bad for him. You know your situation, but I think it is a great experience for a kid, even if they do get smoked. My sons name is Colin. He will be on the bright orange Haro. Look us up if you are there. Your son sounds alot like mine.

Loren

bmxgirlmom

Any help would be much appreciated. Grooming on Friday, grooming on Saturday night, picking up trash on Saturday evening, an hour or so on the grills.
    We will take any offer no matter how little, or how much.
    If you’re racing, maybe 10 minutes here or there to deliver drinks to the corner marshalls, stagers and starters. 15 minutes relief for a corner marshall while he/she goes to the bathroom, grabs a bite, or watches his/her kid’s moto. Like I said a little here or there is always needed along with the big jobs.

bmxlegend

perhapos maybe i can corner marshall..when i get down there ill be sure to let you fine folks know..

Janeen, I will be there with my two boys, but I will be there the entire weekend and would be glad to help out where I can. Can we find you/someone at the registration booth?

Loren

bmxgirlmom

Didn’t everyone know, I live in registration 😆

Seriously though, I will be in registration, concession, finish line, motoboard, and a lot of other places. Most of Friday I will be in registration until the race starts.

funny, my kids have a book about a teacher, “Ms. Markle doesn’t live in Room 10”. Sounds familiar? See you there. Be glad to help out.
    Loren

bmxgirlmom

Tidey: Getting “smoked” is definitely a good learning experience. It usually gets them pumped for the next race. Some of the top riders now were the ones that got their butts handed to them time after time when they first started. I remember a rider laying face down at the finish line bawling his eyes out cause he fell and was embarrased. Now he’s a factory sponsored racer whom almost nobody can catch. That was about 4 or 5 years ago.
    A statement my son made several years ago just after he turned expert has stayed with me ever since. He said “the more I lose, the faster I get.” I thought it was one of the best comments ever made about moving up, racing, and life in general.

TideyFamily

@guinnessextreme wrote:

Tidey, FWIW, not to rehash another thread, but I took my kids there last year and my 8yr old (7 at the time) raced and got smoked. It was pathetic, he hated that track until we went back at the end of the summer for the state championship where he did ok. But you know what? It was a learning experience for him. He certainly doesnt have the highest self esteem, and it was tough love at its finest. I felt bad for him. You know your situation, but I think it is a great experience for a kid, even if they do get smoked. My sons name is Colin. He will be on the bright orange Haro. Look us up if you are there. Your son sounds alot like mine.

Loren

I will be down there Friday night for sure… Still looking into SatUrday and Sunday… $90 to for a learning experience is hard for me to swallow. I want him to race but at the same time dont want him to get all mad and want to give up..

TideyFamily

@bmxgirlmom wrote:

He said “the more I lose, the faster I get.” I thought it was one of the best comments ever made about moving up, racing, and life in general.

True… Just need to find a Cheap place to stay Saturday night…. Is there camping in the park.. I got a tent and sleeping bags.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.