Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old aba grands indoor?

• This topic has 12 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

is the aba race totally indoors or is it covered on the roof and open on the sides? would be so nice to have the grands in a facility like this. dan made the comment wouldnt it be nice for the pros to be able to practice with enough light..

what is this place used for normally? is it like an expo center? i cant believe the nbl cant get a place like this. it does look huge…

CrazyCraig

its a totally enclosed indoor expo center, at least thats what it looks like from the pics on Vintage. They just held a car race the week before the grands (midgets).

Kevin

It’s totally enclosed and is a huge convention center.

bmxmom156

wow thats the way to go… such an impt race should be indoor. i wonder if its that much more than a reg indoor facility t o run? ( not like the nbl cant afford it we pay for it for gosh sakes)

RaidenHayden

Like I said in an earlier post, you could do TWO full on tracks in that building, and still have room

bmiddaugh

I gotta be honest and it really blows me away how little NJ racers know about the aba. BITD you just knew, maybe that was because of BMX Action. I believe it’s always been indoors. Just wait till Phil comes back and tells you what it was like.

bmiddaugh

What is the deal with that Bill? Do they get a discount for that place or is it gratis from some deal Clayton worked out?

This could very easily devolve into a nbl bashing thread. Easily.

Caveman

Aww, it’s not that big. So what if you can spot the arena from the air as you’re flying in. :wink:!
    Phil has so stepped it up. He was there last year and if I remember correctly he didn’t make his main in am.

RaidenHayden

I have been to indoor races, and then there is this. There IS NO comparision. This IS AN EVENT, if they were all like this, the sport would be huge. The one year they only allowed one vendor, that kinda sucked, but other years , ther was jsut so much stuff there to see. Spahgetti warehouse was the place to eat when it was in Oklahoma City, that was a cool place to hold it too!!!

Caveman

It’s a huge place but being in Tulsa, OK probably makes it at least somewhat affordable. They probably couldn’t afford something like that in Philly for example. I’m definitely not missing next year.

RaidenHayden

They have a deal with the city, which they are negotiating right now, nothing set in stone!! Hope it goes back there again

RaidenHayden

Dave, wanna head there together next year!!!!! I promise I’ll eat plenty of Taco Bell, just for you!!!!!

RaidenHayden

Dave PS, your girlfriend said hello

kevh

On bmxnews there is a link to a local paper. According to the article the city estimates the Grands has brought 50 Million to Tulsa over the last 8 years.

And they are trying to renew the contract, but the ABA has not commited to returning yet.

bmiddaugh

dang, I was just checking the aba site and looked at the nj o1 district points…it was actually freaking thrilling looking at that again! I remember the days when….
    hold on…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.