Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old aba grands indoor?

• This topic has 12 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

ABA used to do that with nats, One July I was away more than home. I got to the point I stopped going

bmxmom156

hey do you all have to disable your antivirus program to view the grands? i have norton yest i disabled it then once i got it on then i enabled it again it was fine today it makes me lose my internet connection when i shut it off.. any suggestions? it stays on for a bit then i loose the connection.

RaidenHayden

I think so someone on vintage said there was a problem with their Norton

bmxmom156

its ok now thanks.

how do they get 3rd round/ 1/8’s and so on all in one day?? what time do yo think the mains will start tonight?

RaidenHayden

Late, I think I left at about 8 last time, and that was three years ago

rider1

I have raced in that place. Not only could you have two tracks,but also a velodrome, practice track, trails, skatepark, mtb park, and a indoor car show all at the same time. The only bad thing about this race is if your are an amature you only race like every 10 hours. Loads of down time. Other than that its the best race I have ever been to.

Rich

RaidenHayden

Rich, when it was in Oklahoma City, it was good cause I always stayed right next door, so I could go to my room, and see what moto was on the track on the hotel TV, so you didn’t have to be there all day

Macdaddy

Hey, I said it before, there are only 24 nj riders that race aba(boys). Bensalem is in real trouble if they dont get more riders. You think it is bad in NJ? Try 8 motos on Sundays. Blue Diamond is in a similar position. Oh and Pottstown runs the same time as flemington. I tried to call all of you guys out to help over there but no one answered.

RaidenHayden

I think some of the tracks aren’t putting out flyers or getting the word out, Why? don’t know. I do know Rob Vargo at Cedar BMX (ABA) has been putting flyers out everywhere, and it shows, he has been bringing up his counts. Remember these tracks are businesses, if you provide a good product, good staffing, and the people have fun half or your marketing will be word of mouth. Unfortunately the business end is lost on some. And for those that think this was a shot at the whole non-profit thing, WRONG, still needs to make money to sustain

Macdaddy

Being part of the ABA scene at both delaware and bensalem, it seems that the ABA has a solution for concerns, throw them a national. Case in point, Bensalem and blue diamond both resigned ABA contracts this year, and poof they both have nationals. I think that it was a mistake. they would have had a better chance for higher rider count if they both switched to NBL. I dont mean to imply that one sanction is better than the other, just that in this area, 6 nbl tracks would have more leverage than 4 NBL and 2 ABA(1st state is too far to be considered close.)

Caveman

they would have had a better chance for higher rider count if they both switched to NBL

Complete nonsense, whoever you are.

LeadSled1

Where would Blue Diamond pull any rider count from going NBL? Other than about 5 riders in the area that do both sanctions there are NO NBL racers here. 1st state is a quick drive from Blue Diamond and is ABA. Severn is also ABA and across the bay bridge. No NBL in the area.

Macdaddy

I figures that i would have to defend this.. so…

1) I dont hide, so my name is mike mclaughlin-so now you know who i am. I can be found at Cjbmx, bensalem, bluediamond and egg harbor for anyone who wants to speak to me.

2) it is not total nonsense, while speaking to the track directors from both tracks i found out that the reason they both stayed ABA is becase they got nationals. Bensalem got even more(redline cup?). Neither track gets more than 15 motos on any given race. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN>>> 15 MOTOS. Usually it is more like 8. Do the local riders come from Severn? Bensalem, Cedar ? how about from 1st State? NO. Blue diamond even tried to change when they race. It did not help.

3)Where would they get riders? There are a lot of riders from south jersey that would go to delaware. Flemington is not an option for most south Jersey riders, but Blue diamond is only a “quick drive”. As to the idea that Jersey riders wouldnt go there. Think about this. The state has to close tracks because so many of the Nwe Jersey riders travel to nationals. HMMM… How about the locals who supported Mullica hill? Blue diamond is closer than egg harbor.

Bensalem on the other hand is surrounded by NBL tracks. Flemmington is less than 45 min away, Pottstown, Central Jersey is also close. If you pull a total of 20 racers on an average race then it could not possibly hurt.

I have never posted anything that I could not support. Caveman, Please change my mind. I know you are a loyal ABA guy as is lead sled. I get that. I dont think that one sanction is inherently better than another unlike some others here. We like some things from each one. I only think that there should be ONLY 1 SANCTION!!! Given that this probably wont happen soon I took that idea and used the Delaware Valley as a microcosim(SP?) of the country. More tracks are not the answer, we cant support the ones we have. There are 4 NBL tracks and 2 ABA tracks. They dont help each other, in fact they take every opportunity to degrade each other. How is that helpful? If there were only 6 tracks from one sanction then, I believe, it would help. Maybe that is naive.

I know that the modus operendi of people on this site is to rebuke any idea that they dont lagree with without supporting their OPINION with any logic or facts. That is why I take the time to advance MY OPINION – ridiculous or not – by using logic.

By changin all of the local tracks to one sanction, it would help the riders from Pottstown. They want to be part of the New Jersey state series because the parents have to travel 4 hours for a state qualifier. Having an established track in Bensalem Couldnt hurt.

4) Now, why change to NBL and not the other way around? First, Better to change 1/3 of the tracks than 2/3. Also, in the east there is NO doubt that the NBL is bigger. Why change to a sanction that only allows 3 national east of the appelation(SP) mountains. That does not make any sense. I know, I know, who cares about nationals. Wel let me put this as bluntly as I can. Apparently a lot of people care because they close the state for any close national. Also, if I am ridiculous, then how does anyone explain the fact that there were 3 ABA nationals in the east and 2 of them were at the tracks in question? I know, maybe its coincedence.

bmxmom156

mr mac sounds like he has his facts straight.

i also would give my right arm to see 30 motos average at every track every week. when we started 12 yrs ago cj was a consistant 45-50 every sunday and we had mains in 5 under rookie.

do i think there will be a co-mingling of the sanctions?i doubt it. we used to go to bensalem but like you said who is going to get another license to race under 20 motos on another day of the week.

ct has 4 tracks that run on different days im pretty sure they get over 30 motos consistantly week to week( alot more at torrington) what are they doing that we arent? they are all within an hr and 1/2 of each other. its the same rider base/give or take a few going to all the tracks. they can race 4x a week if they choose to. i dont see many families chasing national points in both sanctions its too much $$ so if they all went one way or the other it would benifit the riders. how to pick which one is the hard part.

RaidenHayden

The only three letters right now, are BMX, not NBL, not ABA, if we don’t fix the first three letters, the rest won’t me anything

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.