Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Would you….

• This topic has 11 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

yes!!! i would ride an unsanctioned track.

in fact– once lumberton is done— i will be hitting that every so often for a pressure free change of pace.

let me know what you have in mind ant

dave

rodney

Said it before make it like the skateparks just go ride ,set up a schedule , different age groups , entrance fee , whatever . Open the sport up to more people then maybe they will join the leagues and race. kind of like a practice track for some . I believe some people just are not into the whole different groups , uniforms ,over professional , teams , clips , non clips crap and just want to ride . look at freestyle the rag tag non conformit riders really took the sport to a new level and did not make into such a soap opera . just dont get the whole aba , nbl , this track , that track crap . it would be fun to be able to go to a track pretty much any time ( not just the weekends ) and ride , no teams , no clips , no screaming parents , make bmx FUN!!!!

RaidenHayden

My backyard
    entrance fees-none
    age groups-all
    fun- yes!!!!!!!!!

But really if you get people who know what the kids want, a track will be fun. Not having out of date people who haven’t a clue runnning the show

BIGANT-DOG

Rod,Bill This is exactly the responses That we are gonna need,going down to EHT and try to get ALOT of sigantures this weekend.

i would say yes our family would get out there but like somebody pointed out.. if it aint going towards points or nada ..a few riders might not show… but i think it would be cool and a change of pace that is greatly needed in NJBMX!

Brett you have mail!

BIGANT-DOG

the main focus is to get riders exposed, Now down the line if we could get some compainies lined up there could be a shot at a series. But that is putting the horse before the the cart. The main focus now is getting the track built. If anyone has any ? pm me and i will try to answer them or send you to the person who I am helping.

Caveman

I think the younger riders care about points. I can’t say the older ones do. I certainly don’t anymore. I just race for the sake of racing. I’d race a non-sanctioned track. But I wouldn’t drive very far for one.

I just recently woke up and realized driving one hour to my “local” track is ridiculous. Probably like most of us I started racing because there was a track fifteen minutes from my house. Then when tracks closed I went further and further. The day of driving hours for a local are over for me.

bmiddaugh

So what you are saying Cavey, is that if we had more tracks it might be more accessible to new kids..
    You would think with 3 tracks in NJ, we would be pulling 100 moto locals.
    But yet…

BIGANT-DOG

I’d race a non-sanctioned track. But I wouldn’t drive very far for one.

dave I promise you this wouls be worth the drive.

CrazyCraig

@Caveman wrote:

The day of driving hours for a local are over for me.

You probably must think I am crazy for driving 2.5 hours on a Tuesday night to race EHT, huh?

Flemington: 46 miles – 50/55 minutes.

Howell: 65 miles – sometimes 1.5 hours (those traffic lights on Rt. 9!)

rodney

Maybe its not the tracks or the leagues or the schedule maybe kids just dont like bmx we talk about new, more ,better , tracks and leadership but maybe its something else something we just cant put our finger on YET!!!!

rodney

Making bigger jumps may not be the answer either what about the young kids the ones that may be afraid of the jumps there first time . maybe suck it up for awhile make changes that dont cater to the riders we already have but to the new ones .

BIGANT-DOG

It should be known that rodney is primarily a freestyler but has been in the industry most of his life. He is one person who we should all listen too.

rodney

THANKS ANT I am a lifer for sure bmx racing is dtill some what new to me but have been in retail for 19 years and around plenty of riders so Ive talked to alot of different types sometimes good to hear an outside opinion

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.