Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH CARBON FORKS???????

• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

THIS IS NOT AN ANTI CARBON FORKS THREAD, i just want to know why they use em, I do not know that much about em, is it a preformance advantage? Rodney you can explain this one. oops sorry you are not a racer, jst a flat type of guy 😉 Sorry but i owed you that one. Really ijust want to know why people use em instead of the stock ones.

victoryfox

\

rodney

TRue but carbon reacts to all the bumps softens them sort of plus yes they are light oh yeah ANT i know more about bikes ANY then you do abouit racing THANKYOU

LeadSled1

The SX forks that are as light as carbon forks are very tough. I trashed a chromoly frame from landing nose down and the forks did not tweak.

The kids like how they look. Light weight steel forks all look the same, are cheaper than the carbons and stronger. They do not have that look “gimmick” to sell them. I have been talking to Bill at SX about making some of the ELF style chromoly forks. Remember those ones where the legs are angled forward? A little something to set them apart.

rodney

Keep it out of all bmx freestyle included I have seen some nasty results from failed carbon on road bikes NOt good for us

RaidenHayden

Yeah as a racer I not sold on carbon either

bmxlegend

nothing ona bmx bike should be made of THREAD.. screw that.. 4130.. screw the weight factor…chromoly is what a bmx bike should be made of.. at least in my mind… i know that ill be able to walk after i nose dive and my forks dont break..those carbon forks are just plain stupid

BIGANT-DOG

So are these the modern day answer pro forx.(the suspension ones) From what people have told me and from what I read, they were no good. Only the guys who were paid rode em, and they had em welded. Any truth to this.

BIGANT-DOG

btw Rodney You should race with your son this year. It would be cool. Think about it, sides we need more guys on the gate.

victoryfox

\

RFarside

I think there is nothing wrong with carbon forks. I have used the Answer Scythe forks for 2 years now and love them. I like the way my bike jumps with them on. 😀

Anonymous

As in life it is about see what I have or can afford.

I have seen Comoly and carbon brake. On the Carbon it was not the fork but the neck the could not handle the stress.

Again as in life don’t buy cheap knock offs and don’t expect anything to be indestructable.

It is all physics.

Light is not allways better. There is a fine line of balance.

Use the brain and not the eye to define what is right.

The grass is always greener so learn what it takes to make it green.

“A Man has to know his limitations”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.