Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Vet Day Race!

• This topic has 14 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    phantom

Who would Boycott the race that would show New Jersey who is really in control.

RaidenHayden

It’s definitely time for something drastic

likemeyenuts

Are you kidding? For some reason there are parents out there that are so point hungry they don’t care what is going on with the issues in Jersey.

I for one will boycott it. Now if you can convince everyone from out of state not to come then you will be good to go because a ton are out of staters who come race it since their tracks are closed for the winter now.

4130forlife

im not going

BIGANT-DOG

Did not plan on going anyway.

sickryder83

i’m not going to let politics stop me from having fun. i am going to race and hopefully there is a big money open with some good competition. The only people that are going to boycot it are those that are on this site. not many others know of the things going on. The way to deal with these people is at the state meeting on the 9th. if i tried to stay away from idiots all the time, i would never be able to leave my house. i’m not viewing racing there as supporting eht. i’m looking at it as one of the last chances of the season to get some good racing in.

s4lnj

i’m going– i want to race– did something happen that i’m unaware of?

bmxmom156

can someone please explain what boycotting the vet day race proves? what is the expected outcome if any??

moderator2

@sickryder83 wrote:

The only people that are going to boycot it are those that are on this site. not many others know of the things going on.

That’s where you are wrong. EHT will be brought out into the spot light for others to see what is going on. Maybe then you will have a different opinion.

@sickryder83 wrote:

i am going to race and hopefully there is a big money open with some good competition. .

With you having to race class to race open I hope you win, this way you have a chance of breaking even.

moderator2

@bmxmom156 wrote:

can someone please explain what boycotting the vet day race proves? what is the expected outcome if any??

Maybe it is time for the riders to have a say. Not some board member.

RaidenHayden

This is the only way to make a difference, as I stated talking doesn’t work, they either yell, or if they don’t like what is being said walk out, that is not condusive to dialoque. So since talking isn’t working, walking might

bmiddaugh

I’m going to have to agree with sickyryder.
    The time to address political issues is on December 9th at a state meeting.
    Race the race.
    I can’t attend as me and my gal are going to an Animal Rescue that day.

I will say this again, just like I did about the state championship.
    If someone would like to take some pictures and write something, I will be more than happy to post it out there about the race.

Mike Vanderhoff will be there running it, speak to him, he is a personable guy , give him a hand.

bmxmom156

i can see jims point… the riders in nj are fortunate to have the vet day race this time of yr esp since most tracks in the north east are closed or ready to close… for some who are not doing much traveling this winter for races it may be one of the last big races ( besides iron man)

i agree with brett bring whatever up during new business at the state meeting…and encourage other parents or riders to attend so that they know what is going on..

boycotting a race blindly will do nothing constructive except make less riders/ less motos and addresses none of whatever problems you are trying to solve.

the riders and kids have to come first.in order to make a statement that says something specific, i would bring it up at the meeting and deal directly with the people you have issues with.

just my 2 cents.

bmxer901

Um what actually happened for you guys to want to boycott a race. I can see why its stupid to have to race class in order to race open but is that a reason to not go?

bmxmom156

can someone from down that area post the weather forcast for sat?? i hear conflicting reports one says 50’s/cloudy other says 40s /rain…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.