Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Time for a change.

• This topic has 8 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I have been thinking we need to bring rider count up. And we can also change the state series. Instead of rotating where the championship is held. How about this.

The track that Brings in the most riders over the summer gets to host the race. I am talking about new riders first time racers. This will give the “old dogs” some inititative to bring in new blood. Since our state series does not start until may, we have plenty of time to do this.

I expect to here the negative from some people. But i feel this is a good idea. We could start this a the end of the school year and end it labor day, this way we have plenty of time to count up and determine who gets to hold the race. We already pushed the date to oct 6th for the race. Which was a good idea (loren) So if someone can give me a REAL GOOD REASON why this can’t work go ahead, but i do no think anyone can.

kevh

This is how the ABA works.

BIGANT-DOG

I am gonna try and talk to some of the board, but i need you guys to have my back.

bmiddaugh

kevh, how about we shorten that to

the aba works.

miken1973

Turn aba and the rider count will drop even worse. Look how well the ABA supported Seacucus. just my two cents. the grass isnt greener on the other side.

RaidenHayden

Mike, not for nothing, but being the only ABA track in Jersey, we were pulling better moto counts than HCBMX is NOW

4130forlife

yeah when we ran that track we were lucky if we had 8 moto’s

bmxmom156

hey flem has more than 8 motos sir….

this is the year of the”back to over 30 moto count” i can feel it!!!

secaucus used to be a big draw for the nyc area riders who didnt wnat to treck all the way to shoreham… thats why i say a northern nj track would draw that area.. whatever happened to all those riders? many used to take the train then ride their bikes to the track…it wasnt close either..thats dedication for ya!!

northern nj….. not out in the boonies northern nj but in civilization!!!( for you mr bill)

4130forlife

i talk to alot of them still.. they have no interest in racing anymore.. they are mostly street guys now.. maybe 3 or 4 of them want to race still

RaidenHayden

I hear ya Deb, I have enough dirt sitting in two locations to build two tracks, got to wait to get it delivered

deebmx

hey dave you must have really hit you head hard or something, because we had at least 20 motos at the end. And I have picture to prove it.

Diane

4130forlife

20 moto’s.. maybe 20 people

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.