Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… The Dog-Father This past year

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

where do i begin, I have been insulted, made fun of, been told “you should move back to novice” (thanks dale) told “get off phil’s jock” been called a “boy” by an arrogant son of a b***( still love ya jeff) Been told my pictures are not quality (yeah brett) and lord knows what else LOL

But I have also made countless freinds, Found a new BMX family (cjs) oh AND I STILL GOT STATE #3 HAHAHAHA. Yeah there was only 3 of us but i earned it.

Bottom line I would not change anything that happened this year. I had way too much fun and hope to have even more next year.

Oh dale this one is for you Bro I apppreciate your concern , and you may not think I am having fun, but trust me every time I am on the track I am having fun, just knowing that I am able to still ride a bike. I know that i am not the best and hey I may never be, but at this stage of life winning a BMX race does not really matter to me. Getting more riders is what really counts. And getting my nephews out there next year. —

RaidenHayden

Dude, count me in the friends section

AirportFF

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

I had way too much fun and hope to have even more next year. —

That it in a nutshell. That’s the main reason why you probably won’t see me on a track next year. It just wasn’t fun for me. I enjoy watching Matt’s races more that riding myself.

BIGANT-DOG

you know you are one of “the boys” And dave pawson I sill consider you a freind even if you are pissed at me.

BIGANT-DOG

oh CLINT!!!!!!!!!!! GET ON OUT THERE . For the king of old school series.

AirportFF

Ant, it’s not that I don’t love the sport. I just don’t have fun when I’m racing. It’s ALWAYS in the back of mind that I CAN’T get hurt. We don’t have a light duty provision at the firehouse, no work=no money.
    I’ll probably do a few races at New Paltz (our home track) but that’s about it.
    I originally got back into it to show Matt that if I can do it, he can do it. He doesn’t need that motivation anymore. He knows what he needs to do. And he’s training his ass off this winter to do it.
    I don’t mind being the transportation guy.

BIGANT-DOG

Ant, it’s not that I don’t love the sport. I just don’t have fun when I’m racing. It’s ALWAYS in the back of mind that I CAN’T get hurt

Bro we are in the same boat. That is why I created the KING OF OLD SCHOOL SERIES. For guys that just wanna have fun. Bro I have barely any medical insurance, and i make just enough money to scrape on buy, BUt for some reason I love bmx so much, I make a way to do it. And I am glad as hell you support your son. If my dad had have done the same for me ( I wanted to race so bad bitd) maybe i might be better at it now. But I can’t change the past, i can only change the future.

loudogg666

bmx.
    bicycle motocross.
    we may all act differently, dress differently, ride differently, and other countless things that we do differently, but guess what?
    we all love bmx.
    isn’t that something.

paulc

I agree with Clint. My BMX accident, July 05, cost my insurance carrier over 40k and I was out of work for 3 weeks, luckily I still remained on the payroll. I just recently finished up having surgery on a torn meniscus that was from the Jack Frost in 06. I have two girls and a wife that are way, way more important to me than the “fun” I had when I came back to racing. I still love the sport but I had to prioritize.

BIGANT-DOG

No kids yet but if I did I would be the same way. I agree with that.

bmiddaugh

Dude, you told ME that you wanted to move back to novice earlier in the year…and what did I tell you.
    “Ya better not unless you wanna get completely hammered.

Last place in expert always feels better than novice man, come on now. —

loudogg666

there is no way ic ould race.
    there are too many rules it seems.
    and speaking of fun.
    i stopped playing hockey because of two reasons.
    one, i have no time to play due to school and working two jobs.
    and two. i wasn’t having fun anymore, competing sucks.

BIGANT-DOG

I wanted to at one point tbut then i said nah !!!!!!! I would rather stay where I am and besides I still have fun. —

rodney

LIFE is a comp….. oh forget it

loudogg666

i know rodney.
    it sucks.
    oh well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.