Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. The road is calling

• This topic has 6 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Caveman

All I can think about is riding 60 miles in the middle of cornfields on a 95 degree day, head down, sweating my brains out and loving every minute of it. Only without anyone screaming “CAR BACK” at the top of their lungs.

Are you feeling me Richie? Bill?

I need summer now.

rider1

Oh yea! I like 70 ,95 is to hot. Jeff Lamb and I rode for 2 hrs yesterday,it was so nice. Everbody needs a road bike. All the talent we have here should not go to waste. The road is calling you.

Rich

RaidenHayden

Richie, I’m with Dave, I love those hot days, man am I dying to ride, going to do High Point tommorow after work

Caveman

I came up with this crazy stupid idea that I want to ride from my house to high point then back home the next day. That’s 120 miles each way. I’ll have to train all summer for that.

Heat rules. Bring on the summer.

4130forlife

no road bikes for me…

ill stick to the bmx

RaidenHayden

Caveman, how about you just drive here, and we do a few different loops on weekend, through the mountains

rider1

Another great day of suffering. Max heart rate today 180. Rode with some of the Colavedia team today, can you say pull much.

Rich

Caveman

180?!?!?! How do you get your heart rate up to 180?!?!?
    I had an awesome day yesterday. Down the White Horse Pike (which sucked) and back up the Black Horse Pike with the wind at my back and a HUGE shoulder. That rocked. 57 miles. Should have done 70.
    Today I did hills and got the heart up to 170. Can’t imagine 180.

Wonder how far it is from here to Bernardsville?

RaidenHayden

Dave, you gotta be kidding me right, you never had it up over 180, bro you are slacking

CrazyCraig

I did the MS170 Coast the Coast ride on a borrowed Panasonic back in 1994 – thats the last (close to) real road bike ride I took. 170 miles over two days from Sandy Hook to Cape May.

Rich – I have set some big hairy goals in business this year – so I think I will set a goal that equates well to rewarding myself with a road bike. When I know I’m gonna hit it you and I will make a trip to High Gear and you can help me pick it out. I think I could hang with Caveman and Billy – and then the three of us will have to chase down you! (but I know I have work to do even to hang with them!)

RaidenHayden

Craig, when you are ready lets do High Point Mnt

rider1

For the record 180 is not my max. At the last race last year I topped out at 193. Yes I know how could a guy at 37 get to 193, just race a time trial, completely blow yourself out in the first 3 miles and you will find out. As an added bonus the winning time was like 27 min. and I was at 32min. Not good,but it was fun. Enjoy whatever bike you want, just ride one.

Rich

It was 92 degrees today. The hills near my house are on fire, literally.
    Ive been wanting to rebuild my old stomping grounds , colossas but we haven’t had a day of rain in maybe a year.

Caveman

Can I get a HELL YEAH!? 24 miles at 19.5 mph today by myself. And that was in some nasty wind. The best I’ve done by myself previously is in the low 18s. I was on a mission today. I must be getting ready for my spinning honeys tomorrow. And my max heart rate was high at 162. Sorry, my heart just doesn’t do 180. My average was 140. It’s gonna be a good year.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.