• This topic has 4 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

DUDE!
    I am so sick of this….um…. government organization becoming what is now some strange puritanical force over my life. They go after all sorts of nonsense when their mandate is supposed to be just keep the actual hardware that controls the airwaves from conflicting with each other.
    The religious right does not represent what most of this country feels! They are just the most whiny segment of our society, the rest of us are too dang busy actually DOING SOMETHING to care about nonsense like video games, movies, TV shows and music.
    GET A CLUE!
    If I only had the dubloons to run and keep a political office in this country…’course it probably wouldn’t last because I’d get assassinated very quickly for my “radical” ideas.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/03/16/2355225.shtml

RaidenHayden

Brett
    The FCC, do control the hardware, and what goes out through it, as part of the liscensing, the major broadcast networks agree to these stipulations. However, if it were a cable channel, this would not be a discussion. Persoanlly, years ago we didn’t have access to this on TV, and I don’t see why we need it now. But on another note you cannot try to legislate morality.

bmiddaugh

After fully reading all the BS that was put down about this episode, the show itself was actually bringing to light a horrible situation in, as usual, TV’s overly dramatic way.
    I know the FCC regulates hardware but that is where all regulation should stop. We have parents when we are young and hopefully fully developed mature minds as we get older to steer us in the right direction.
    Oprah can go on and on about any topic she wants, be it sexual or some idiotic interview with a celebrity but the FCC never bats an eye.
    I do not like little fundamentalist groups attempting to impose their will anywhere, whether it be here or the middle east.

I often ponder this question…if Pat Robertson or someone of his ilk could be allowed to just grab some military hardware and begin systematically imposing his religious views, would he?

RaidenHayden

Pat Robertson is a crackpot, and hopefully no he would be arrested. As far as Oprah, I think people are afraid of her, cause she too does dscuss some things that should be handled by parents. The one prob is that rules never apply to everybody. It all depends who you are.

bmiddaugh

And I still don’t understand this cable vs regular tv and satellite vs fm or am radio…
    Why is it that I have to PAY to get freedom of choice?….No wait that sounds sorta stupid…
    No on second thought it doesn’t, it seems elitist…
    I need to ponder this more…

bmiddaugh

Bill,
    seriously does that not at times, drive you nuts?!
    I swear it’s why I have to hide my head at the track and pretend some of the craziness of our society doesn’t exist…

bmiddaugh

Ok..
    On regular TV, certain things have to be on at certain times and you can’t “curse” unless under certain circumstances, nudity is a no no, extreme violence is ok as long as you don’t actually show it fully being done.
    On cable TV it’s go for broke!
    So….what is sort of being said here is that if you have money you have the ability to filter out what is good and bad for you without government control, (barring the “V” chip, haha!) but if you don’t have the money to pay for it you aren’t capable enough to handle these ideas unless someone “intelligent” i.e.: Oprah, Doc Phil, exposes you to it, or the government filters it out so nothing bad is exposed to you.

I don’t get it, either censure all broadcasting or don’t.

bmiddaugh

I’m sorry , I just realized I made 5 posts on this….
    I seem to have become incensed over something stupid, lol

RaidenHayden

Regular, if you still have an antennea, is free
    Cable, you have to pay for.
    I guess that is the reasoning.
    If I pondered all I see wrong, especailly working in Goverment, I’d go nuts.
    Well more nuts, would be better.
    If our founding fathers saw what became of what they invisioned, they would do it all oer again.
    Look at the politians that represent you. All about money, rarely a small business owner. Or working guy.
    They make the rules, we have to follow, and they are out of touch both parties, like our sanctioning bodies.

Anonymous

I dont even watch T.V anymore……It’s ok to watch dead Middle Easterners
    but if we talk about a real issue like teens having sex there is an issue??? Desensitize the nation……I would love to bend Pat Robertson over and have my way with him…………..F********N REPUBLICAN SCUM……………Here is a clue for all you fake Christians in the world who never read the bible. JESUS was into peace, love and happiness not blowing up little children in the Mid East……….He was for forgiveness not the death penalty…………………..REPUBLICANS CONTROL YOU WITH THE RELIGION S—HHH–I

T WAKE UP AND REALIZE THE TRUTH…Oh yeah JESUS WASN’T WHITE EITHER…………………..

RaidenHayden

Hostilty

bmiddaugh

I seem to have touched a nerve with Adam…
    As angry as Adam’s post was and as succinctly put as Bill’s was, I’d have to say that we have 3 completely different individuals here who agree on 1 thing.
    Our government

is

detached

from the people it is SUPPOSED to work for.

RaidenHayden

And most likely from different political views, I have been called worse than scum no harm no foul

Anonymous

Look I think Democrats are Scum also Look at that McGreevy asshole…..

The whole system has failed us ……….

bmiddaugh

hmmm, I’m thinking deeply here..
    has the system our forefathers created begun to break down, or is it our peers who are corrupting the system to their own ends.

Do you know what saying bothers me.

Knowledge is power.

Knowledge is understanding and understanding leads to peace.

Power, well we all know about the power thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.