Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old testing the pro am waters

• This topic has 9 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

it ha sbeen brought to my attention that there is indeed interest in a pro/am series– despite the post that has been up for months with only 20 replies by the same 3 people–

so here is what i propose– 4 races– one for each track– on locals– not state series, since it already has opens.

money to be determined soon–

see what people think and grow from there– but i will need each track to help me out with this, as i will need what dates they would like and such..

thanks
    dave

bmiddaugh

Dave,
    PM freaking Sullivan, he should be helping out on this as he is one of the guys who would be benefitting.

CrazyCraig

run it with the fall series

s4lnj

trilogy have anything fun in the fall?

I think at this point in the game, it would be best to put all our energy into a kickbut fall series. Tie in all 4 tracks with one big race each.

bmiddaugh

Napper has a 4th of july race, start it there, run it through the fall races.
    Do it, set it up and run it.

RFarside

Dave don’t stress on this. This could be run at this years state races with no problem (its not to late). But for some reason they didn’t want it. Running this as a local race makes no sense to me at all. They know what was needed to make this happen and they dropped the ball.

bmiddaugh

I say we do it. Set it up, run it, do the whole thing ourselves, keep track of the points for ourselves. All we need to do is have you guys walk up to registration, tell them you want to run a pro-am class and do it.
    We keep track of our own stuff. These are older guys, they can handle it.
    We don’t need someone to do this for us, we just need the sanction to handle the insurance.
    Think of it as a first step in taking over, and also showing everyone that racers can handle setting up and running things, ourselves.

BIGANT-DOG

Do we need our own scorers If so I volunteer, I don’t think I am ready to race in the series (not his this year) But i can be a scorer BTW I will take bribes —

s4lnj

ant– the only way to get faster is to run with faster guys– that’s why i’m always up riches ass to ride

BIGANT-DOG

I hear ya dave, that is part of the reason i moved up to ex to force myself to go faster. Maybe i will race it after all. btw It may not have looked it but i felt alot more confident at the Jack frost.

TideyFamily

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

btw It may not have looked it but i felt alot more confident at the Jack frost.

Did you finally balance in the gate!! YEAHHH for Ant!!!

Sullivan

PM freaking Sullivan, he should be helping out on this as he is one of the guys who would be benefitting.

hell yea… C.R.E.A.M. = Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    IM DOWN

Maybe get a local sponsor like the Hyper Pro Am series.
    Each race at the 4 tracks is 100% payback plus added money from a 50/50.

It would make a great Summer series event.
    Hyper kicks in some cash for the top 3 Pros/A Pros/B Pros/Superclass/Elite or whatever they call the Pro class nowadays in NBL. $100-1st, $60-2nd and $40-3rd for the end of series awards. Plus the top 3 Am get prizes from Hyper and its sponsors. Like a Hyper frameset to the top Am in the series, a Hyper Uniform with jersey signed by Rich Farside for Second and a set of bars or something for third.

Since its underground you can charge $15 to the pros racing for cash and the Ams pay like $5 each race but although they race the pros they dont get any of the cash just the glory of beating a pro or at least racing one and a chance for a cool prize at the end of the series.

All the prizes wouldnt have to come from the title sponsor, other companies could be asked to donate something and you could have a bunch more prizes then you think.

bmiddaugh

My phone has been melting over this.

Big news coming soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.