Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Teaching a child to ride a bike..

• This topic has 16 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

dont worry…a few free ice creams and its a done deal…lol

CrazyCraig

My son is 6 and yes, I did buy him a complete team uniform even though he doesn’t race. Hindsight 20/20, I should have said if you want the uniform, you have to earn it, but then again, the team is a family effort, and it makes him feel good being a part of it.

Still, he gets up and practices at every race he goes to with me. He just needs to learn how to ride standing up. He is finally doing it at home on the street, and even has learned to ride off low curbs without falling. But, I have never told him he has to race. He is a little scared because he has seen daddy fall and he has, too.

That said, this year he played TBall, and I was his manager. He had a lot of fun. My wife has been dancing since she was three, so she put him in dance school and he liked that too. I think we all agree that you need to let your kids try different things, and if it keeps them off the couch, its a good thing.

loudogg666

i think parents should expose their kids to many different activities when they are younger and the kid can stick to whatever activity he or she likes the best. i wish my parents did that, oh well.

bmxmom156

ok craig -dont lie i have seen you pushing your daughter around on a micro mini w/training wheels wearing a full face helmet!!

some tms will do anything to win…..

loudogg666

hahahaha.

tommydone

my son said he wants a GHP but I wont let him ride a girls bike.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!just kidding Craig

CrazyCraig

Girls Having a Party

Now I bet he’ll ride it! —

BrianP

ok, my lil guy cooper (4) just learned to ride w/o trainer wheels this week.

we dropped the seat, took off the pedals and let him scoot around untill he was comfy. we asked if he wanted to try the pedals and he said yeah…..

he got it right away.

a few more times with the pedals off, then back on, then off…. now he’s got em on and cruisin all around

this seems to be the best/easiest way for them

CWCCRIDER

Cool 8) 8) 8) Next up is ” THE WHEELIE” 😆

rodney

thats so COOL Brian My son who will turn 4 on the 14th has been riding without training wheels for a year already and will start racing this month !!! Just passing the torch feels real nice

adamguild

I just threw the bike away!!!!!!!

RaidenHayden

You subversive lefty!! LOL

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.