Homepage Forums NJ Freestyle Old School Freestyle TC Cycles and The Ramp-ateria

• This topic has 8 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Does anyone care to know about these places? This would be a topic I wouldn’t lock down, it’d be cool to hear all you guys rants and bitc*es from then…
    Plus I have a few stories, lol…

BIGANT-DOG

It may not be a part of history that everyone likes, But it is an important part. Sides we allcan agree dave aka bushbeard, was an asshole.

BIGANT-DOG

I got a story, when i rode in a parade for them(my first sponsor, oh joy) 😥 I was still going to JF’S bike shop everyday,mr F knew the deal. I got some white tiresfrom JF’s ,irc h.p.’s i think. Dave asked where i got em from. I told him something and kept on going. At the parade i rode past JF’s and he saw me and winked at me. The deal was he could not put together a team like he used to have but i got WAY MORE SUPPORT form them than dave ever gave me. But dave did do some good things along the way so i can’t sit here and tottally bash him.

bmiddaugh

Different people have different views….I would NEVER say Dave was an…well what you said…
    Everyone here may remember Ramp-ateria was BEHIND TC’s, he also gave me permission to hold the FIRST street and flat contests in our area at his shop…
    JF’s was a decent shop, but I never remember him taking those risks and let me tell you for a small business owner they are risks, we got sued a couple times by overzealous parents.
    Dave was rough on those he deemed “posers” and no, I didn’t agree with everything he did BUT I will never say anything other than that about him, well that and I wish he would have paid my parents back the grand he loaned them…but life goes on.
    Believe it or not Dave did a lot for freestyle in our area and took a lot of risks and got 0 reward for it.
    He loved freestyle and truly believed in it….
    I do wonder though why Plainfield doesn’t have a public ramp park yet, because I hear Dave is in charge of recreation there now…

Now does anyone have something to say about that clown who ran the ramp-park there?

rodney

Yeah that ac/dc loving tall m f er I wanted to have his kids (how is that )

rodney

If you liked them or not they were the only shop in the area at the time supporting freestyle

bmiddaugh

LOL, man where could that guy squeeze a kid out…
    Rod, does any municipality up near High Gear have a ramp park open? I’m just curious…if not maybe you and High Gear should start pushing…

Anonymous

Dave

Was a stand up guy who really wanted to help kids. I am glad to hear he is involved in recreation…………….aside from his occasional outburts he truly cared about BMX and pushed it more than any single person in Jersey………………..

Greg

I always wondered what happened to Greg…………..

Long Live Turtle and Crocket

Rampeteria

brought life back to the dying art of freestyle in NJ…… I wasnt around till the end 1993 and locals were few………..
    Frank Lam, Dave Carter, Rodney, Dunlap from time to time

The closing of that place made me push all my efforts to flatland……..
    Although I was never that great of a ramp rider I hold many sessions at Rampeteria to heart…….Im gonna go cry now……………wah wah………..

bmiddaugh

He really did, money aside that he owes my parents, …and I always put money to the side…he not only loved it, he believed in it, I’m sure it doesn’t surprise him at all that BMX is the big media thing on TV that it is now.
    It was rough there man, there was NO MONEY to keep that place going and yet he did it for 3 years.
    I’d say he was ahead of his time.

suthnjflat

It was truly the first contest series before hoffman that kept it alive. Going to these comps were a lot of fun, grassroots comps always puts the fun back into riding.

bmiddaugh

woa…suthnj…
    I’m pretty f-ing flattered by that bro…
    I may have to break out the tissues, hehe…
    F-it, I’ll save the tears and work on getting some new sh*t going…

rodney

Brett I got nothing up here shields in flemington is the spot 1/2 hour or so away from here . We have a banner up we have done animal demos and a comp(small) wednesday night is one of the better bike nights

Anonymous

A contest series is badly needed I would love to see what these kids are doing today……………

BIGANT-DOG

The reason there is no ramp park is because he won’t help. I hung out with some of the plainfield locals. They went to him in a professional way. And were told no. Maybe he is bitter about the past. Now i only heard there side of the story, there are 2 sides too everything. But I would love to ask him myself what happened. btw I WILL ALWAYS THINK OF HIM AS AN A-HOLE. BUT he did do alot for us all.

Anonymous

Speaking from somone who used to be a Mullaly local it just isnt a good idea to put ramp parks in poor areas………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.