Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old State Meeting Sept. 9th Cancelled

• This topic has 8 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bmxgirlmom

Due to Commish and a couple of track reps’ schedule conflicts, the meeting scheduled for Sept. 9th has been cancelled. We’ll let you know when we have a new date.

bmiddaugh

It’s time for new leadership.
    I’m out after this week, see you guys on the freestyle trail.
    This is indicative of what the problem is now.
    Motivated people are ready and willing to do what must be done but those who do not have the same motivation have decided that it’s not gonna happen.
    We all decided on this at the state championship, where we were also supposed to have a state meeting, but that got cancelled as well.
    It is now up to everyone else to continue this or move BMX in a new direction, I wish everyone on the board well and to all the racers who have come around to have a good time here, keep up the good work.
    C-ya all later.

bmiddaugh

Why did we send 6 people to competition congress last year?

bmiddaugh

Ok, alright…I’ve calmed down a little…
    a little…
    but, if you all intend to cancel a meeting where at least 7-8 people were planning to attend, a professional organization would not say
    “we’ll let you know when we have a date”
    You get together on the phone or email or text or whatever and make a date when you cancel that one and the date you come up with should be as soon as possible after the one you cancelled.
    Stop this, dang it, this is why people are always looking at other people with suspicion.
    You are supposed to say this:
    Scott Cranmer is gonna be in San Jose this weekend with his son Scotty, he really wants to attend the meeting and thinks we should postpone it till
    xx/xx/2006.
    Now could you all get on the phone come up with a date and let us get together.

bmxmom156

does anyone know who organized this meeting/ who all was invited, etc what the ajenda was supposed to be? i had heard it was supposed to be important but just heard about it thru this site..

why did the meeting get cancelled? werent there people that were supposed to present something important there? who wasnt going to be there that it had to get cancelled? can it be postponed till after the race on sunday( i would assume most howell folks would be there then so that has to be 1/2 the captive audience right?) i also thought that there were pres cup jersey people who needed info from riders as well… anyway i understand if 1 or 2 people cant make it but if all the track officials cant then why was it scheduled in the first place?

anyway i have to say i am disapointed for one ( i blew off a party that i didnt want to go to anyway soo….) i asked jeff morgan if he was going he said he didnt even know about the meeting.. not knocking any officials but i would think that if he didnt know about it something is wrong( if you know jeff)

is there a way to let EVERYONE know about it( mass email whatever) when the date is set?

why does it sound like no one wants to meet…just cause you have a meeting dosnt mean everything gets done in one shot- it may take several meetings to resolve whats ill with nj …jmo….

bmiddaugh

ah, finally a person other than me who wants to know whats up.
    anyone care to join us?

CrazyCraig

Well well well. It is interesting isn’t it? I’m with you Brett, you are right, it should not just be left hanging like this.

But, give Janeen the opportunity to respond, hopefully she has some insight into this.

bmxmom156

i agree -janeen is the one who usually keeps everyone up to speed

BIGANT-DOG

Well geuss I am racing flemmington saturday. But i was looking forward to this meeting.

bmiddaugh
    RaidenHayden

I don’t think anyone ever believed any of you would step up!! Now you have, and the meeting is post poned or we have other commitments!!! A very effective tactic to wear you guys down, this is why the sport dies,

bmxmom156

you can still race flemington and make it to howell for the meeting( or wherever it is) our race is usually over by 1:30 latest

i think people are just trying to help/ no daggers thrown at anyone give them the benefit of the doubt…maybe its just 1-2 people that cant make it? or maybe people dont want to open a can of worms so to say?? so its better to leave as it then to hash it out?? i dont know. change is scarey for some but without discussion we go nowhere.

if some tracks have issues they need resolved maybe they should leave those subjects for antoher day in their track meeting and just talk about the “state issues” at this meeting? maybe thats why the meeting is postponed… i for one dont know the specifics of what is happening at each track ( nor do i care to discuss it here) but the state meeting should be about state topics. maybe if the topic on ajenda were posted people would decide if they were coming or not?? just a thought.

tuffneck

with out meetings no one knows whats going on these meetings are open to every member of the nbl and their parents and the minutes from the meeting are or sould be avalible to every member we have to have MEETINGS so everyones on the same page there is alot of work to do for presidents cup and for next years state races.also there are elections for track positions and state positions .ie commisioner ,assistent commisioner and all other board positions at the state level, track level ,there is president ,track director ,secretary,treasurer, and 3 trustee postions . any one can be a trustee thats were to start then you move up from there.

bmxmom156

may just be frustrating to have a meeting with a ton of questions and no one to answer them?? jmo

bmiddaugh

If 10 people show up without motivation from a “board” then that shows they have true motivation, so when the board does decide to go and have a meeting, those that have discussed what’s important to get going will be that much farther ahead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.