Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Sponsorship. (be nice to people)

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Saw this on nhra.com. This racer is not one of the most well funed teams and was not going to race this weekend. But because he took the time to talk to a fan well read it

When rookie Top Fuel driver Troy Buff stopped to meet a young fan in the lobby of a hotel during the Dallas race, he had no idea that his kind gesture would pay big dividends. But that’s exactly what happened. The young lad’s father, Ty Runyan, has since decided to sponsor Buff’s Coghlan Motorsports entry at this weekend’s 42nd annual Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals.

Originally, Buff and company were going to skip the season-ending event. Their primary deal with Old River Volvo and Volvo Trucks had run its course of five races, and they were focusing on 2007 sponsors. But after Runyan spent some time with the team in Texas at Buff’s invitation, he decided to dip into his company’s coffers at Titus Electrical and fund the team for the finale. In another special twist, Runyan has decided to forgo putting his company’s name on the car for an image of his son posing with Buff.

My point is you never know what talking to a kid can get you.

full story. http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=17022

BIGANT-DOG

Btw It takes major bucks to run those cars. And this is just a one race deal, But it puts his name out there for future sponsors. The same scenario could happen with us. Who knows what the future holds.

example.

You are out doing sprints in the park, some kid and his dad ask you “what are you doin that for?” After giving them some info about bmx, Said father and son come and check out a race. Dad loves it son loves it. But what you did not know dad owns a major buisness and decides he wants to help out. Could this happen maybe it could. The next time i am out cruisin about I will keep this in mind. btw I do go to the park and do sprints :wink:! Just ain’t seen any results yet!

rodney

sometimes talking to young boys can get you arrested you PERV. hahaha!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.