Homepage Forums NJ Freestyle Flatland Simon Obrien !! This is pretty hot

• This topic has 6 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    adamguild

BIGANT-DOG

Damn

rodney

Progression !!! I think it really beats doing hops on forkstanders

BIGANT-DOG

Progression !!! I think it really beats doing hops on forkstanders

Rod does it matter if you are hopping on forkstands or spinnning on the frame upside down? So long as you are riding, right? —

rodney

not going to try to explain just think like with anything progression is great hard to believe what we all use to do is the same as what these cats are pulling now

BIGANT-DOG

Gee progression blew right by me LOL. Way too much alcohol back then.

rodney

what do you mean BACK THEN did you gave up on drinking just like flatland

loudogg666

rodney, i am coming up tomorrow or friday to let you you borrow this video

adamguild

Most of the basics are implied in any flatland I see today…Is it progression or just linking the trick in a different manor?

bmiddaugh

I have to agree with Adam. The speed is more intense, less straight lines but having lived though the K’s revolution, I don’t see any truly new tricks.
    I still love flatland though!
    But you could take Ross Smith and put him out there doing his stuff from 90-91 and he would still be pro level.
    JMO

rodney

yes very true Ross is the man and if you think about it if you do something faster,longer, more times , cirlces , straight is that not a form of progression if not why is it the way it is. Taking something what ever it is and improving on it is that wrong

4130forlife

man where is ross these days??

we gotta get erin to come to brian p’s house so she can school the guys there, haha

rodney

she is never around will let her know about the bbq

adamguild

Ross lives in Colorado…The last time I talked to him he was hooked up by London Bikes..

adamguild

@rodney wrote:

yes very true Ross is the man and if you think about it if you do something faster,longer, more times , cirlces , straight is that not a form of progression if not why is it the way it is. Taking something what ever it is and improving on it is that wrong

I wasnt saying right or wrong…I was thinking that most of the tricks are still in there basic format…Its just the way they are arranged…

To date I have not seen anyone in person or on video with the creativity level of Ross Smith aside from Kevin or Chase…….I mean when was the last time you saw Ross do a scuffing trick? 1990?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.