• This topic has 3 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CWCCRIDER

CWCCRIDER

CrazyCraig

Very nice. That first pic reminds of all the bikes that got built in my basement back in the 70’s.

Yeah my first race ever was on my Schwinn Stingray. I went to the track that first race thinking ‘I had THEE bike’ but I actually had the worst bike lol.

I wonder how many riders made their first race on a Schwinn Sting Ray.

CWCCRIDER

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Very nice. That first pic reminds of all the bikes that got built in my basement back in the 70’s.

The basement
    😀

CrazyCraig

what I love about the stingray pic is it even has the prerequisite bicycle chain & lock (in plastic, of course) that we all had on our bikes back then.

I never raced a stingray, my first race was ’81 on a ‘Goose, but you know that lots of first races were on bike like that.

CrazyCraig

Chris – you should have seen my basement – we always had a pile of bikes down there to scavenge stuff off of. What a mess!! But, before I discovered sealed BBs (and eventually Flight cranks) I got some of my best BBs out of those bikes. The bearings and cups were much stronger than what came stock in newer bikes.

CWCCRIDER

@CrazyCraig wrote:

what I love about the stingray pic is it even has the prerequisite bicycle chain & lock (in plastic, of course) that we all had on our bikes back then.

I never raced a stingray, my first race was ’81 on a ‘Goose, but you know that lots of first races were on bike like that.

The funny thing is I built this bike AFTER my goose got stolen!! 👿 Then I started carrying the lock 🙄 (learned the hard way )

Hey remember when you had to clamp a pair of vicegrips on your seatpost for on the road repairs !!!!

CWCRIDER is that a Gboy or Littlejohn frame?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.