Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. rad movie trailer

• This topic has 9 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    robC

Man I love it! My dad was the same way as his mom. he went to one race … ever. When I showed him my first trophy he said nothing and walked away.
    I know alot fo you bag on Rad. But i for one loved it and if I could have rode Helltrack back in the day I woulda loved it. Though the starting gate does look sick.

robC

This trailer was my first experience with bmx I saw it when I rented the dirt bike kid. I went back and rented rad i knew right away thats what i want to do. It was fall 1986 I guess rad went to video pretty quickly. I was living in Jamaica at the time.

BIGANT-DOG

Rad is what got me hooked. And i just got a dvd…………….

tommydone

I remember the buzz surrounding that movie,just in the bmx world though.The backflip was the craziest thing I ever saw at the time.I will watch it any time its on.It is a bad movie but that was the high point of bmx.We need to get back to that.

CrazyCraig

That backflip got that guy famous in the BMX world as he was one of the first, if not the first, to pull that stunt. Before Rad was made, Hutch had him touring the National scene. I was in Raleigh, NC in ’85 and they made a special jump for him so he could do the backflip. He ran his bars crazy forward. Funny, its the only thing I think he really knew how to do on the bike.

I had heard in advance about the movie being made and I had actually planned on going up to Canada to try and get into it, but broke my foot so of course I did not make the trip.

I remember when it came out in theaters, I think I was the oldest person to buy a ticket that day, I remember the weird look the ticket gal gave me. I said “hey, I know some of the guys in this, so this we’ll be cool”.

I’ll admit, I was dissapointed in some of the aspects of the story and some of the cheesy things on the track, but it was cool to see people I knew (and raced against – Kevin Hull) on the big screen.

** wipes away tear, sniff **

Okay, I gotta get off the nostalgia kick, lol.

tommydone

OK FOR EXTRA CREDIT,WHO WAS THE GUY DOING THE BACKFLIP?

bmiddaugh

Jose “I can’t do a tabletop” Yanez

loudogg666

i never saw this movie, to be truthful.

CWCCRIDER

I never payed attention to the story line!!!

For me it was all about seeing the pros ride
    I never went to nationals ,no transit videos ,no you tube, all I had was the local Deptford experts and my BMXA !!!!

So to actually see the pros come to life just blew me away !!!

I think i need to go watch rad now !!!!

tommydone

WE HAVE A WINNER JOSE YANEZ WAS THE FIRST TO DO THE BACKFLIP.HEY CHRIS,YOU GOING TO NATIONALS NOW?

loudogg666

anybody have a copy?

rodney

I do lou , can let you watch if you promise to return it

loudogg666

thanks, i brought back all your other videos.

rodney

SSSSHHH!! dont talk about those OTHER vids …..If I remember I will bring it up to work and then you can hoo up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.