Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. people who have dogs without leashes suck!

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

ok heres my beef of the week. i am sick of seeing people drag their dogs to the track and let them run around without a leash on. on saturday i witnessed a large dog bite a puppy in the face. these dogs should be on a leash!!! besides there are very small children around and i dont care about the excuse of “oh he must have been near the dogs food bowl “well what if that was a small child?? is it the childs fault? anyway the other thing is i dont think its fair when my son has to pick out dog poop out of his clips ( has happened many times)because you are too LAZY to pick up after your dog. so there you have it sports fans. leave the pooch at home its way too crowded for dogs and they can act very unpredictable in these situations. plus with the summer coming, its way too hot for them at the track so leave them HOME> i am one of the biggest dog lovers out there but have some common sence for cryan out loud!!

phew! i feel better already ❗

rideodybmx

im sorry to tell you, that i saw that dog bite the gretzs puppy on the face, and they both were on leashes, they just got to close to on another going for a piece of food laying on the ground, the bigger dog ( bart ) went after the puppy ( bradly ) and it went from there

so i wouldnt go off on those dogs not having leashes and every other dog i saw had a leash on, i even saw a cat with one so i dont really know what you were looking at

bmxer

All I can say is that I too witnessed the attack…and yes they both had leashes on however I have witnessed and heard of that particular dog attacking other dogs. This may have been over food this time, but the time that I saw him attack a small dog for no reason had NOTHING to do with food, leashes ect. I later saw a small child walk up to the dog, and the owner state that it’s ok to pet the dog because he doesn’t bite….hmmmm seems to me that maybe the owners should be responsible and not bring the dog to the track. I guess the problem at the VA regional when he attacked another dog was over food, right?

bmxmom156

ok maybe because it happened so fast i didnt see the leash… but let me say now that i have seen that particular dog at the track many times and have not witnessed any agressive behavior before BUT out of the 10 times i have seen him, 9 of them he was NOT on a leash. i also overheard the owner of the larger dog immediatly state it was provoked as the puppy was coming too close. if your dog is not “social” and cant be trusted in situations where there are other dogs then leave them home.

and as for me “going off” on the leash issue and bringing dogs to the track… a few years ago the family in the ez up next to us at south park had a dog and their “puppy” bit the face of a 3 yr old that was venturing too close to the dogs bowl…. so call me oversensitive but let the dog owners be more responsible.

i did witness another dog off leash about 5-6 ft in front of his owner when we were walking out to our car in the parking lot so dont say all the dogs were on leashes . i am usually not hesitant to approach a dog but let me tell you i thought twice after seeing that.

bmxer

I can understand why someone would think that the bigger dog was not on a leash…that’s because the leash was attached to the dog’s collar but was laying on the ground. Correctly stated in the post before that the owners need to be more responsible!!!!

bmiddaugh

Can’t leave the dog home while you’re out racing?
    I’m gonna move this over to the General BS section, not to offend anyone but it sorta feels like it belongs there…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘people who have dogs without leashes suck!’ is closed to new replies.