Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans Older guys help me out with this…

• This topic has 6 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Racing is like vegas…
    What happens on the track stays on the track.
    Barring the following scenarios: t-boning, kicking, and punching.
    Elbows, riding someone high, taking a “line”…that’s racing and if you can’t deal then go jumping…(I sometimes do that, lol)
    If something happens where t-boning, kicking or punching does occur, be calm approach an official and quietly tell them to watch your race.
    If you’re in the lead by a handlebar grip you got the green light man and nothing in the world says the guy next to you has to back off.
    We’re all ambassadors for this sport.

CrazyCraig

I totally agree, as long as we can laugh about it after the race. 😀

Racing is racing, that is why we keep coming back.

I will admit to riding outside my abilities a couple of times, but its usually me who gets hurt. Knock on wood, I haven’t taken a tumble since South Park. I am also guilty of pushing the envelope on nights where I was not the fastest out there, or maybe not coming out of the gate like I’d want to. Like I said to the guy who called me out, this is RACING, we race the whole track, and lets race to win as long as we dont intentionally do something to hurt the other rider.

My fifth race back, the second day of the nat at EHT, I was on the bubble in the semi getting passed in the last turn (I was running out of gas). Someone who we all respect very much came up to me and said you gotta do whatever you have to in order to make the main. I had the inside line and should have rode the guy out to the edge of the turn to see if he would back down, but I did not, and he got around. He was not in position for a hi-low, and I would have been “just protecting my line”. Thats racing, and when its been done to me, I respect it and try to learn from it.

racerx

its racing who cares if you get pushed up a turn im pretty sure everyones done it to someone so who cares if its done to you? its racin dawg just dont let them catch you ridin dirty.

gettin dirty

crakstar

yo dawg do what cha gotta do to win the race racings about winning not hitting the brakes and letting some kid go ahead of you

word to your momma

racerx

chyeah chyeah i didnt even think about that.. just get a huge lead and win then you dont have to worry about dawg’s ballen and what not

LeadSled1

You will see a lot of this at the NBL nationals. With the points being in the motos every single moto and every single position counts. If someone is trying to cap out and you ride them high in a moto you could have just ruined the race for them points wise. Gotta get that 1-1-1-1. You will notice you don’t hear about this on the other side of the house.

4130forlife

win win win

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.