Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Offsetting more presidents cup expenses

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

If you race the cup, you don’t have to pay your entrance fees.
    If you volunteer at 4 races you get $50.00 bucks to use to get to the race.

I think people need to start keeping track of how many state races they volunteer at.

If you mean offsetting hotel rooms etc, then everyone, of course, can ask for donations for NJBMX Inc. as they are a

non-profit charitable organization
    and are allowed to take donations, grants, etc.
    There is no limit to what they can take in.
    Go out and ask for donations, if someone would like to make an official flyer to pass out while they are doing this, it might help out as well and make the NJBMX state organization look better as well.

I have to be honest though and currently I am more concerned with more places for people to ride BMX bikes then how to get people to Ohio for the President’s Cup.
    Not being a d**k, just my personal opinion.
    B

moderator1

@bmiddaugh wrote:

If you mean offsetting hotel rooms etc, then everyone, of course, can ask for donations for NJBMX Inc. as they are a

non-profit charitable organization
    and are allowed to take donations, grants, etc.
    There is no limit to what they can take in.
    Go out and ask for donations, if someone would like to make an official flyer to pass out while they are doing this, it might help out as well and make the NJBMX state organization look better as well.

How can you make sure that the money gathered will be used toward the president cup……look at what happened to the grant 🙄

bmiddaugh

People on the presidents cup committee can ask for and keep track of how much was donated to that piece of the NJBMX puzzle.
    At the end of the season, they can say:
    $xx.xx amount of dollars was donated to offset pres cup expenses. we would like to use them to do the following:
    ~insert idea here~

All those in favor, ..yadda yadda…

The only thing that got a little weird in the grant arena was the promotional material, which still got done anyhow, thanks to Vinny putting his foot down.
    The laptop will come in handy when the state is running an excel program to do the points keeping.

rider1

What do you mean “look at what happened to the grant”. Yes there were a few missunderstandings, but in the end the money was used as per the contract. If there is something I don’t know please tell me.

Let me say this, my foundation made it very easy to make this grant happen. Not all foundations are the same. I understand how it is in New Jersey,but if NJbmx is going to approach other foundations they need to follow the guidelines to the tee. Not everybody is as understanding as me.

Rich

bmiddaugh

Rich,
    I believe he is talking about how one part of the original idea was to allot money for promotions which got shelved for getting a new laptop for the state, which then seemed to not be the best idea as the new windows software was not ready anyway this past season.
    At least the state is now future proofed for coming state race seasons.

I would say at least now it is a good thing the state realizes it can receive grants and donations to further the cause of BMX racing in the state.

moderator1

That was exactly what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.