Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Not quite BMX

• This topic has 6 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

But if you ever get a chance. Go to a drag race, BTW scotty cramer did a show at the big race at e-town. (raceway park to you rookies) in front of thousands of people.

BIGANT-DOG

btw remember the name JEFF UTTERBACK? Well this is what he does for fun now.Nostalgia funny car.

Almost forgot GT Yes gary turner owned a top fuel car too. Think he still does, Drag racing is a great way to market bmx if done properly,

And the last thing I saw Craig Reynolds doing was a NASCAR show.

The guy who owns Schneider BMX is a race car fabricator, as well.

I remember running into old BMXers on Friday nights at Raceway Park all the time.

Kenny Martin is a automotive speed nut, as well.

I think there’s a pattern here.

BIGANT-DOG

At least someone see’s my ponit.

rodney

I went there once or twice for some lowrider shows does that count

BIGANT-DOG

What i am trying to get you guys to realize is there are alot of kids at the races. I see alot of em on bmx bikes. MOTORSPORTS (nascar drag racing etc) is a good way to spread the word of bmx. Joey bradford is the nephew of ernie irvan(i think) a nascar legend. If we want to see “monday night bmx” then we have to look at all avenues of promotion.

bmiddaugh

so you’re saying bring like 2,000 of those free race flyers to the drag strip and put them on windshields?

might make for a cool part in a promo video.

RaidenHayden

Ant is thinking outside of the box, GOOD JOB ANT

bmiddaugh

So printing 10,000 of those flyers might seem like a good idea…
    put them in the hands of a motivated guy like Ant…
    or Tyler Pappas…
    …next board meeting.

RaidenHayden

And HOLLY COW, start building tracks for all the newbies!!!! GROWTH

BIGANT-DOG

I have been thinking but no one would listen. It is late in the year now season is almost over, but next year for example if i am going to a car show or anyone is pass out some flyers. I wanted to do this at the race this past fathers day, but flyers were not ready. The supernats is THE BIG RACE. But if we get the jump and can get hooked up with some people (raceway park) maybe we can leave flyers at the track.

bmiddaugh

I listened and made the flyers…ok, not 10,000…yet, hehe..
    but you are Raceway a lot, find the honchos, tell them whats up, I mean they had a track at one point, mention H O W’s and Scotty and I’m sure you’ll be dropping flyers on cars in no time.
    Get on it Dog!

BIGANT-DOG

read this.

Del Worsham didn’t need a fuel-injected nitro dragster or a Super Gas Vega to prepare for a career in drag racing. All one of today’s top running Funny Car drivers needed was his two feet and good balance.

Twenty-five years ago, Worsham had a different vocabulary. The California teenager routinely used verbiage like endo, berm and gentlemen, pedals ready. Worsham raced in bicycle moto-cross and while he was an eager competitor, one dream remained firmly entrenched in his mind.

“Even then I knew I wanted to be a Funny Car driver,â€ÂÂ￾ Worsham said. “I had always grown up in a Funny Car environment. It was just a different style of racing and vocabulary, but the common goal in each was to win.â€ÂÂ￾

Worsham raced bicycles in the formative years of that competition. He was in the starting gate long before electronic starts replaced the then-standard manual version.

“Toward the end of my career they brought in the lights,â€ÂÂ￾ Worsham said. “That reminded me of drag racing and I think that further intensified my interest in racing cars after my bicycle pedaling days were over.

“Besides, racing bikes left me with lots of bruises, cuts and aches.â€ÂÂ￾

Now let’s say someone maybe me- were to send hima nice letter and ask him to put one of our stickers on his car, at the englishtown race,normally they charge money for this but if WE appealed to his bmx roots. well you get the point. And drag racing gets alot of coverage on ESPN2

bmiddaugh

Worsham=CW Racing

BIGANT-DOG

Look at this!!!!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/

An ad for the new ride dvd 🙄

It is a rolling billboard so it might not come up right away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.