Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations No trick or fancy bike driving!

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Caveman

Just saw these bicycle regulations on the NJ web site: Make sure you all adhere!
    http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/bike/regulations.shtm
    Remember kids, keep hands and feet on the bicycle at all times and for god’s sake do not practice any trick or fancy driving in a street!

I also found this handy guide for buying the right size bicycle:

The following are the typical sizes of bike for the average-size child.
    Under 5 years 12â€ÂÂ￾ or 16â€ÂÂ￾ wheel
    5 to 7 years 20â€ÂÂ￾ wheel
    8 to 10 years 24â€ÂÂ￾ wheel
    11 and over 26â€ÂÂ￾ or 27â€ÂÂ￾ wheel

Next time someone tells you to stop actiing like a 5 year old tell them, “I can’t help it. I race BMX.”

rideodybmx

wow

what kind of stickler would acctually follow those rules???

i mean comon hands and feet on the bike at all times, no practicing “fancy” tricks that makes no sense lol

bmiddaugh

lol, nonsense

Exemptions from the helmet requirement are persons who operate or ride a bicycle (as a driver or a passenger) on a roadway closed to motor traffic; on a trail, route, course, boardwalk, path or area set aside only for the use of bicycles.

Caveman

Yeah, come to think of it, a “course set aside only for the use of bicycles” is the one time YOU NEED to wear a helmet.

And check out turtle dude. He doesn’t have a downtube! He must be riding a Jad!

bmiddaugh

Turtle needs to hit up bike inspection! 😆
    Kids,
    Ride your bike, don’t piss off the cops and you’ll be fine…

RaidenHayden

Those rules are produced by my employer, I had a cahnce to go to taht unit, but knew life would not be fun there

bmiddaugh

WTF Hayden?
    Is that all life is supposed to be to you?
    FUN?
    Jeesh!!! 😉

bmiddaugh

I just realized according to their recommendations we should be having really big 8-10 year old cruiser classes…
    LOL!
    Bill…Who comes up with this stuff?

RaidenHayden

NOW you know why I wouldn’t go there, I figured bicycles, and work. Yeah that would be cool NOT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.