Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old No Chain, No Problem.

• This topic has 9 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TideyFamily

I stubbled upon this video today and it floored me.

http://www.bmxtvdirect.com/videos/lee_the_flea.wmv

This kid Raced into the first turn and snaps his chain. He then proceeds to pump and speed manual the rest of the track for the win.

This some motivation.

CrazyCraig

Now, if you are the 2 dudes chasing him, wouldn’t you just feel terrible right now?

Un-freakin-believable.

CrazyCraig

…but, the more I think about it, this really should not be allowed to happen. This tells you alot about where racing has gone. If there were longer straights and less jumps he would have been toast.

bmiddaugh

lmao,
    i have got to agree with craig…lose your chain, lose the race.

rideodybmx

wow how did he pull that off?

TideyFamily

@rideodybmx wrote:

wow how did he pull that off?

Skill!!!! If you know how to pump and manual through the jumps it can be done but this kid needs to teach a clinic or something!!

rideodybmx

yeah and im going!!! lol

RaidenHayden

Pedaling not required. Donny Robinson was in a pro semi and the same thing happened, he made the main too!!!!! Remeber that was a PRO semi, something is wrong

RFarside

Nothing wrong at all.
    If you would have attended the Hill clinic today I think you would understand the no chain thing.

rider1

Craig, this is 2006, not 1982. Gone are the days of one jump per straight. That video was the greatest thing I have seen in a while. Ride much, skill much, that is how its done.

bmiddaugh

Confuscious say “when straight away all jumps and no pedaling why does one have a chain on a bike to begin with?”
    It just looks like if you chopped a jump or so off each straight it would be a lot more fun and a little closer to being a sprint race with jumps, which is what I thought a BMX race was.
    Of course that was a one off aba nat track and not really indicative of every track out there.
    So with that train of thought…maybe that was cool, because this particular national showcased the ability to be smooth on a track….
    Rich where is that picture of a guy on a fence? LOL.
    I gotta admit I do get tired of every track having a final straight 20 jump “rythym” section.

(All I kept hearing in my head was Steve D saying, “nope, I’m not announcing this!”)

CrazyCraig

@RFarside wrote:

Nothing wrong at all.
    If you would have attended the Hill clinic today I think you would understand the no chain thing.

Believe me Rich and Rich, part of me is hating life for missing the second half the clinic, but at the same time it was an important day at church. I wish the clinic could have been another weekend. 🙂

I guess that was some old school attitude sneaking in there when I said this shouldn’t happen, and you’re both right. This is 2006 and racing has evolved, and since I don’t have these skills yet, I may not appreciate them as much as I should.

I hope everyone who was there today took good notes! I will be asking you to tell me what I missed! 😀

dunrite9

8) Cool Video 8)

He also has a pretty good slingshot!

Manualing was a major thing i worked on today. I watch some racing videos and i was amazed with the manuals the guys were doing.

s4lnj

i agree with rich– the greg hill clinic really opened my eyes to that– chances are that this kid attended one at some point

RFarside

Cheese

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.