Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum NJ STATE CLERK

• This topic has 7 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom1001

I understand that this is an appointed position, but can this position be offered to other candidates? What are the qualifications that will allow others to be considered for this position? If there are other interested candidates in NJ, will they be given the opportunity to be considered? Why is the position only given to one person and not offered to all interested applicants? This apparently is a paid position from what I have heard, therefore candidates should be interviewed and have “Excellent Customer Service” skills.

Thinking about change, change does not only have to be on the board, it needs to be everywhere. Doesn’t everyone deserve a break?

If there is any interested person who would like to be considered for this position they should be able to submit a letter of intent.

bmxmom156

i am confused. why are certain positions appointed and why? i have not been involved in the state election process so this is a serious question and i am sure others may have the same question.

i hear other positions are open such as secretary and you need to submit a resume for this? does someone who is interested in clerk or points keeper need to submit a resume as well?

thanks in advance…

bmiddaugh

These are valid questions and should be asked respectfully at a state meeting.

phantom

Hello you have reached the njbmx HOTLINE HOLD PLEASE.

RaidenHayden

press 1 if you have a new idea and we want to disconect you
    press 2 and listen to the hold music, cause we don’t care

bmxmom1001

It is so nice to see that press 1 for english isn’t an option.

RaidenHayden

When people don’t listen, it doesn’t matter what language you talk to them in

bmxmom1001

true true

moderator1

ok, ok…..back on subject.

bmxmom156

what are the open positions they will be voting on this yr for nj state board?

moderator1

@bmxmom156 wrote:

what are the open positions they will be voting on this yr for nj state board?

State Commish & Secretary

bmiddaugh

I understand that this is an appointed position, but can this position be offered to other candidates?

Yes

What are the qualifications that will allow others to be considered for this position?

As stated by yourself, good customer service skills and since the clerk of course position at this moment also entails doing the point standings, a knowledge of how to operate a computer and ability to easily learn a points program.

If there are other interested candidates in NJ, will they be given the opportunity to be considered?

I don’t see why not. They should be at the December meeting and speak up.

Why is the position only given to one person and not offered to all interested applicants?

It’s actually two positions according to the by-laws, a clerk of course repsonsible for registrations and a points keeper. No one has said they were interested before I would assume, so that is why it was not offered.

This apparently is a paid position from what I have heard, therefore candidates should be interviewed and have “Excellent Customer Service” skills.

Sounds intelligent.

If there is any interested person who would like to be considered for this position they should be able to submit a letter of intent.

So while I’m writing proposals I take it other’s are writing letters of intent…
    Also there is no stipulation in the by-laws for where you live or officials licenses for those 2 positions. I would assume a willingness to learn would be the prerequisite.

OK, lets put it out in the open. We have all had our problems with the Janneen, the current state clerk. BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, I hope all those who are complaining or petitioning for this position realize how much work and how little recognition is involved in being the State Clerk.

And… if you are willing to accept this responsiblity, YOU will be the recipient of said grief and responsibility.

‘paid position’? I think that we can all consider the amount of $$ involved does not even come close to the amount of effort put forth.

That being said, if anyone is REALLY interested, lets have at it!!

bmiddaugh

All positions should have term limits to alleviate burn out.

Except mine…
    Which is…

“all over the place” 😆 😆

bmiddaugh

In order to pay someone, which is of course ok in a non-profit organization, it would probably be best to put it in the by-laws, sorta like Fla does.
    Everything at some point requires some “grief” and we must all take responsibility for what we do. I really don’t care who does the point standings for the state series, but I find it my responsibility to show people how to question things they would like to see changed. We did it in freestyle, there is no reason it cannot be done in racing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.